Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Originally posted by richcrow:
Adding the routing boxes own nuber to the "*" field fixed this for me as the transfer was adding a *, not a 9.

Should fix for internal users if they are calling the vMail port. I don't know much about your system or handsets but we have a DSS button that is programmed to enter the gateway and ask for the password. This may not be an option for you. It isn't for our single-line handsets.

Hope this helps. Someone will correct me if I am wrong or if there is a better solution.
Was yours a DX80? Typically, the * is programmed to go to 9998, which is the Directory box. The reason I ask if it's a DX80 is because of a Custom field entry Comdial had in the older DX80 voicemails.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Originally posted by Mark K.:
My situation was that it would play on an incoming call on CO Lines answered by the auto attendant. I ended up changing the file extension on the prompt so it wouldn't play. There is a separate invalid digit prompt that plays if the call is in house. I've had no more complaints since I did this. I didn't try putting the box number in the * field, when you do that you would need to give the directory box a new routing number, since * is directed to the directory box by default. That's still a good work around if it solves the trouble.
Mark
Mark,

Which prompt would play that you changed the file extension to? By changing the file extension, you are probably now filling the error.log file with errors relating to the system's inability to find a certain file.

Originally posted by 5years&counting:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark K.:
[qb] Which prompt would play that you changed the file extension to? By changing the file extension, you are probably now filling the error.log file with errors relating to the system's inability to find a certain file.
It's been several months now and I don't recall. The VM was one of the really early 8 port hard drive systems. I think you helped me with this one and we turned the error log off.

We have a DXP Plus. Same situation as Mark, it would play on incoming lines answeredd by the auto attendant. For those boxes only, we changed the * to be the box number and put another button (say 3) to go to 9998. We put this in our greeting also. I guess the system was adding digits in the transfer [(800,*,*) found running a trace] and was not playing the greeting because it tried to translate the digits first OR the greeting was being cut off by the digits. Don't know why it said invalid digit but it would go to box 821, not the directory. When I put 800 in the * field of itself, this stopped. Have not tried clearing 9 as mentioned earlier though.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,586 Shoretel
189,467 CTX100 install
187,621 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
4 members (Professor Shadow, Toner, Yoda, mongo5150), 133 guests, and 231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024