web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#32714 09/01/05 04:05 PM
OP Offline
I am trying to connect to a DX80 via the serial port. I have already posted a request for help with obtaining software.

I thought I would include this message as part of my problem.

When I try to connect to the serial port my computer says it "Can't open com port 1 the application is requesting"

Any suggestions. I have already run a com port test and checked the parameter settings.

They are set at 8 N 1 xon/xoff.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steve.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
The PCDBA software looks for either Com 1 or Com 2 (depending what you have set it for). However, most newer computers put the modem on Com 3. The way that I have solved this problem is to get an older USR Sportster external modem and install it on the computer (on Com 1 or Com 2 for sure). No matter what you do, when you try remote programming for the first time---it's a hassle. It's even a hassle when you have to do it the 2nd or third time too. When (and if) you get it set up---don't let anyone mess with it. When remote modems work---it's a beautiful thing---but setting them up can be a real time waster and very frustrating. At times, you may have to have two people---one in the shop and one on site. If you can set something up on your bench--then one person is fine. If you haven't done any modem set up before---you may have to enlist some personal, on site help. Good Luck.

On a newer computer I use a USB to Serial adapter cable made by "cables to go" do a google you'll find them on line. You can then go to your control panel and set it for any com port.
mark

------------------
Reliable Telephone Service

Steve, It may be that another application has the com port 'reserved'. Make sure no other apps are running. Check task manager for 'hidden' apps.

Wayne

Wayne is right about the programs. An obvious one to look for is a PDA hot-sync program.

Kerry

------------------
[Linked Image from commsmith.com]
CommSmith \"Forging telephone and data solutions.\"

Sorry Double post
Kerry

------------------
[Linked Image from commsmith.com]
CommSmith \"Forging telephone and data solutions.\"

[This message has been edited by Bigkayeh (edited September 14, 2005).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,571 Shoretel
189,443 CTX100 install
187,602 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 175 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024