web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Have a 2 port Debut system on a Comdial DSU/Impact system that has a bad Compact Flash card. This manifested itself by causing the VM to hang up on callers trying to leave messages, users not able to change their greetings, etc. I've been able to salvage all but one of the files off of the CF card, but don't seem to be able to re-create a new CF card that the system will recognize. I've been scouring the 'net for a couple days now, and as expected, there's little to no information out there about doing this. Someone here on Sundance said they've successfully used a 1GB CF card in these systems before, and that's what I have. The original card was a 20MB card from 1999, although the set of files on the unit seems to indicate its running v8.5 VM software. I've copied all the files over to the new CF card, and tried booting the system, but it just sits there. I'm an IT admin, longtime hardware guy, broadcast engineer, etc etc, so I can handle most anything, but am clueless at this point how to proceed. I see a lot of 256 and 512MB CF cards on eBay, do I need to acquire one of those to make this thing work? Any and all suggestions are appreciated... Oh, and yes I did call the local Comdial reps. They want to charge me $2200 to come install a new voicemail system, as they don't have anyone who works on this thing anymore, and wouldn't warranty their work even if they did. A whole new VM is not an option at this point due to budget constraints, but I'm willing to pay for a pre-made CF card if it will fix this problem, or willing to pay something reasonable for some phone guideance, etc... Thanks in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
PM sent.

[Linked Image]
I would ask your installer if he can get your debut reconditioned. With the reconditioned unit and the installation it should be alittle bit cheaper.By the time you're done messining around with the debut and still not figuring it out and getting it to work, your installer could have already sent it in for repairs, got it fixed & re-installed it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,856
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,663 Shoretel
189,570 CTX100 install
187,847 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
4 members (Carl Navarro, newtecky, Yoda, justbill), 142 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024