Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#40575 03/12/09 07:55 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hello,
A small business I support recently had their comdial DX-120 system stop working. When I pick up the hand set and select an outside line, I hear a click every second but no dialtone then after 10 seconds I receive the CALL CANNOT BE COMPLETED AS DIALED message. The clicks sounds like someone is hanging up. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Wyatt

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
have you verified dial tone at the demark and verified that it is present at the cabinet ?

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
The Demarc was verified. Dial tone is good all the way to the cabinet.

Thanks

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
1. Have you reset system? If not--do so.

2. Does every line click?

3. Are all other functions---intercom, voicemail, displays, OK? Are your lines ringing in OK or is the problem just accessing a line?

4. Is the DT at the Demarc with the bridge clips pulled off?? Reset the bidge clips---make sure they are tight and have good DT with and without bidge clips (check both sides of block)

5. Was there something enviornmental that may have brought this about?? Surge, lightning, power outage??

6. Is the system on a UPS that is 5 years old or less??

Get back with us and tell us what you have found out. Good luck.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
1. Have you reset system? If not--do so.

System was reset multiple times.

2. Does every line click?

Every outside line clicks.

3. Are all other functions---intercom, voicemail, displays, OK? Are your lines ringing in OK or is the problem just accessing a line?

All other functions appear to work fine. I can page another station, good dialtone until I attempt to access outside line. When calling from cell phone to the system, I get a busy signal.

4. Is the DT at the Demarc with the bridge clips pulled off?? Reset the bidge clips---make sure they are tight and have good DT with and without bidge clips (check both sides of block)

Lines were ran directly to Cabinet - bypassed the 66 block. System does the same thing in different building.

5. Was there something enviornmental that may have brought this about?? Surge, lightning, power outage??

This is do not know

6. Is the system on a UPS that is 5 years old or less??

Brand new APC UPS installed 2 months ago.

Thanks
Wyatt

sounds like a bad CO board, or if it's the primary 4x8 then you need to replace the system next, or add a co board to it as a test. I'm not sure what that should do as I've never had this problem. Standard troubleshooting procedures never change.

Just a SWAG check your co lines see if they are marked as tone; if so change them to pulse and see what happens, possible bad tt senders. Also if you hav'nt already check on the co line side by dialing tone maybe bad tt receivers in the co. Otherwise see what Mark says.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Thanks guys, Just some additional info, the relays on the main board are where the clicking is coming from. If this happens to be the system, I'm thinking it will end up at the shooting range - the warranty is up and the installers want $125 per hour to test. I would love to contact vertical about this but I don't have an installer ID.

Admin
Admin
Had one do that last weekend.. bad voltage surge from high winds caused the business to have massive electrical problems. Servers, phone system, etc. It's probably a bad KSU. Sounds like it is pulse dialing? The CO sees it as garbage digits thus the "your call cannot be completed as dialed".

[Linked Image]
PM me the serial number on that thing. Why do you say it's out of warranty? If it was dealer installed it could have as much as a 5 yr warranty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,851
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,659 Shoretel
189,555 CTX100 install
187,829 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (Carl Navarro, hitechcomm, Professor Shadow), 136 guests, and 290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024