Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
grundy Offline OP
OP Offline
Do you happen to have any pictures? In some instances the cable tray is a good 20 feet away from where say 40 drops need to go.

Maybe a better question is do you guys run the trays right over where the workstations are?

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

235 per CAT 6 loc is right in line.

We normally run our paths in the aisles between the cube runs if going to the wall to drop down (easier to do the ladder work on install and later adds), and you can get 2 cube runs usually with each path. Use j hooks for those and attach to struts w/beam clamps. If they will provide power poles you need to get the furniture schedule with the power poles laid out. Otherwise you can waste a LOT of expensive cable just making sure your runs are long enough.

Coordinating with the furniture guys can be a real hassle but it will be extremely important to your bottom line when the job is done. Many of the companies I have worked with stage material and supplies during the first 3 days of the week and only assemble cubes at the end of the week. To you that means keeping up with (sometimes large) furniture crews doing the bundle drops for 2 days and then getting stuck working long weekends running cubes, jacking and testing so the customer can move in on monday.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Cube work always seems to be late night or weekends, unless the project manager (if there is one) has things planned out plenty ahead of time. Moves are usually this way just because of the short time allotted for tear-down, move, and setup. In that case, you almost always have to opt to have extra cable just in case. I did one about a year ago where the customer and furniture guy and I all were there discussing power pole placement. When they actually setup the cubes, the customer's boss changed where the pole was to go, and it added considerable length to the required length of cables. At that point I was glad I pulled extra length.

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,861 Shoretel
189,972 CTX100 install
188,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 7
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024