Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#444966 03/23/07 06:20 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Bill and Hans:

I am very impressed by both of your responses. It's pretty obvious that you both are very passionate about your trade. For this reason, my hat is off to you. Thank you very much for your input and participation on this board. clap

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#444967 04/25/07 01:28 PM
Originally posted by ev607797:
You are right, Bill. There are plenty of folks here who fail to see how a group of manufacturers seeking to sell more expensive cable, equipment and design standards really have a handle on things. I admit to being one of those "Aww that ain't necessary" guys.

The only advice contrary to BICSI standards you will see here will be remarks made by seasoned professionals. These are persons with decades of experience in the industry. These are also the people who can troubleshoot a problem without a ten-thousand dollar tester. They are NOT people posessing a simple certificate attained through a sponsorship by cable manufacturers.

I speak from experience after having owned my telecommunicactions company since 1983. I maintain very strict Bell System standards with my company's installations. THOSE are the REAL standards. BICSI and TIA/EIA came into play decades after the tried and true Bell System specifications for wiring. "568B" was Bell's standard in the early 1970's when these "authorities" were simply seeds in the ground. This standard was hijacked and simply given a new name. Period.

I have made attempts to jump on every certification bandwagon that rolled through, but I got tired of it. It's all about marketing. Haven't you figured that out? These certifications of wiring and hardware are simply meant to scare you into selling whatever the manufacturers want you to scare your customers into buying!

I challenge you or anyone to devise a better set of plans than the ones developed by the Bell System for anything. This company employed many of the "Aww" guys that you will find here. They represent the most knowledgable people on this forum.

One simple question: A $2.00 "J" hook every four feet versus a web in building trusses at no cost. Tell me why?
Having been trained to Bell standards while working for IBT I have to agree with you. It works and it's reliable.

On a side note:When I started I was trained by guys with 30+yrs of doing it the "right way". They took their time and everything was dead to spec. Now it's all about Good Jobs in 8 and shotgunning pairs to get it working.Within the phone companies themselves the Old Bell way of doing things is being replaced with "make it work for now". So maybe BISCI and organizations like them will become more useful as time progresses.

A CST's favorite numbers:0962/600
#444968 10/16/07 10:41 AM
Have you heard of millipede ties? How well do they work? I havent pushed them on my techs, but they look like a cool concept because of the reuse of them and not a cheesey as velcro

its the only pic i have on photobucket, ill get another one sooner or later : P

Im just a chick who loves Mopar, R1 bikes, my '52 Chevy bubba truck that Im rebuilding. Work consumes the rest of my life with fiber optic and copper cables -
#444969 10/17/07 06:09 AM
I got some samples of them, but don't really like them. Not sure of the cost but I would think it is a lot more expensive than a standard nylon tie.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,613 Shoretel
189,506 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024