Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
I agree with most of the things said here and would just suggest that you use a piece of ladder rack to bring the cable out to the relay rack.

And, it's been said already, but I have to repeat it: WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THAT EMT ON THE RIGHT?

Someone have some leftover pieces he wanted to get rid of? Contractor get paid by the foot and wanted to make some number?

If you want to go ape with conduit, put a PVC to pipe adapter on the floor conduit, run a piece up to the top and join the wiring on the top and the bottom together so that it can go over to the rack together.

But why would you want to?

I've done jobs in industrial facilities, in schools, in all sorts of places where the wire had to be protected. But what's up here?

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Indeed, that EMT conduit dead center on the board is wasting a lot of the best real estate. And it serves no purpose. I would cut the U strut to about 20 inches long, max. Then I'd use compression fittings with threaded ends and insulator rings. If you are using a 84 inch rack then you really need ladder rack to give it strength to potentially hold a heavy load. That lightweight concrete floor is probably 4 inches deep and not the best material to drive redhats into. Give yourself a good 3 feet behind he rack and no less than 2 feet on the sides, secure the ladder rack to the top of the equipment rack and then to the back wall. I'd even go a step further and put a perpendicular piece off to the side or even completely across the whole room. Trust me, when you load up a rack with heavy equipmnet they become very unstable unless tied down. The cost is minimal. Also, I don;t like to see so much space not covered in plywood. I'd get the whole back wall covered if I could because you end up using it all. I've yet to say to myself, "we sure didn't need all that plywood."

1) Remove the entire backboard and install a new 4x8 with accurate measurements to cut around the 2-gang outlet. Repaint entire backboard; top of the board is missing paint.

2) Keep the top sleeves but shorten them to the topmost unistrut. Shorten the unistrut while your're at it. Add plastic rings to the ends of the EMT to clean up the edges and prevent cable damage.

3) Remove the floating EMTs in the middle of the board and dress the cables along the side to the top.

4) CLEAN CUT AROUND THE POWER OUTLET or cut the bottom of the backboard flush with the top of the 2-gang outlet.

Shawn
Absolute Communications, Inc.
Looks like a do-it-yourself display at Home d' Pot.

"Here, you need three of these, ten of those, and some of this stuff. Just put it all together like this display, and you won't ever need to call a repairman."

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,654 Shoretel
189,545 CTX100 install
187,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024