Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JimV Offline OP
OP Offline
VirtualLogger is a call recording company. We're about to sign a deal with a call center with over 750 lines. The client is concerned about so many amphenol cables (the recorder uses amphenol inputs on the recording cards). We've suggested Y-splitters, but that sounds messy to them. We're also used to using bridge clips, but they have 110 blocks and I think bridge clips only work on 66 blocks.

Any ideas or products that might make this easier or cleaner?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Well, that's why I never liked 110s for telephone. That and not being able to get at them to test. They do make test adapters that will pick up several pair but it's going to be a mess.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Please provide pictures.

Are you serious about 25-pair amp head to each station? 750 heads to your recording device?

Shawn
Absolute Communications, Inc.
No, I don't think that he means that 25 pairs go to each station. He means that one pair goes to each line's T & R and there are facilities in his equipment, in 25-pair multiples, that do the recording.

(First some questions.) How would bridging clips be used to derive multiples of T & R from 750 stations, even assuming 66-type hardware? Bridging clips don't do that. When you say Y-splitters, do you mean AT&T standard 267-A modular adapters? Or do you mean CPC amphenol adapters? How would they be helpful on an MDF comprised of 110-type hardware? When you say "call recording" do you mean "service observation" or do you mean SMDR?

If I understand correctly:

Your company installs call recording equipment for customers with large numbers of lines. (750 in this case) Your equipment terminates on multiples of 25-pair cables with amphenol plugs. I assume that the customer voice equipment is single-line telephone sets, one each at every work station, and the pairs feeding these stations all run home to an MDF comprised of 110-type hardware. And you don't know what to do next.

Hal, you want to take it from here?

Oh, wait...I think I know what Hal would say...

"Call a professional telephone installation company and ask them to install the equipment for you."

By the way, I know exactly how I would do it, were I the professional whom you called.

750 divided by 25 = 30. You need 30, 66M50 blocks e/w amphenols on one side. (Type RJ21X prewired blocks would be my choice.) Remove the station wires from the 110 hardware and reterminate them on the 66 blocks. Remove the T&R cross connections from the 110 blocks, and rerun them to the 66 blocks. Run 30, D/E 25-pair cables from your equipment to the blocks. Use bridging clips to create the multiples. The built-in amphenols go on row 1. The cross-connections go on row 2. The station wiring goes on row 4. The bridging clips connect the feed to the stations, and can be removed for testing towards the stations. The amphenols can be removed for testing towards the S/O equipment.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

I agree with Arthur's approach to this type of install. Please confirm this for us: With each recording card having having it's own dedicated amphenol input, does each card support input from 25 stations, or the "IN/OUTs" for 12 stations (leaving the 25th pair of each cable unused)?

Good point, 5E. The equipment might require an RJ71C, but for a simple bridged service observation circuit, probably not.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

What does the RJ71C do?

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Jeff, an RJ71 sends the line in to the equipment on one pair, it passes through the connected equipment, then comes back out on a different pair. The jack looks like a typical RJ21X, but in reality, the first twelve pairs are the "in" pairs, the 13th pair is skipped, then the remaining pairs are the "output" pairs from the hardware plugged into the RJ71. Sort of a situation where twelve RJ31 jacks are created in one connection.

I seriously doubt that this is the case since most telcos would shake their heads at the mere mention of the terminology, but the RJ71X jack does exist.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Are you trying to record at the station or trying to record the incoming lines? The two things would seem seperate to me, and I think I would rather record the caller's experience, and not fragmented parts of the call coming from different extensions.

And I would seriously hope you have T1's and not 750 B1's.

JimV Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow - great responses. You guys are leaving me in the dust with your depth of understanding. I'll figure out how to post a diagram that describes this, but a few clarifications across the breadth of your questions/answers:

- The client is going to hire a professional installer, but they were having trouble just imagining the mess of wiring they might be getting.
- Each amphenol supports up to 24 wire pairs, so our 4-slot recording servers take 4 amphenols to record up to 96 phones.
- It's not service observe, it's a physical tap of the wire pair on the station-side of the PBX. We record on the PSTN side too, but that uses a different card and different cabling.
- CPC amphenol adapters

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,865 Shoretel
189,979 CTX100 install
188,091 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 101 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024