Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi,
We are currently trying to set up a guideline for our techs and sales reps for installing an ESI system. Do any of you use a guidline?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

we price by the size, s-class 1 day, most e-class 2 days, esi-link or x-class never know until i look at the job. if you know the system it should only take 1 day to do a s-class even with lots of programming, training, and lables. now e-class takes more time with acd and pri but this should give you an idea.

Martin Wolfe
Wolfe Communications
Servicing the North Bay
Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Lake, San Francisco, Mendocino
ESI, Avaya, Star2Star,and Toshiba Installer
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
We usually expect one hour installation time for the KSU with an additional hour for voice mail. In addition, we allow one hour per station. Training is one hour initially at cutover and a one-hour follow-up session 30 days later. It's been working for us for years and rarely, if ever, does it not work accordingn to this plan (knock on wood).

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
I've been installing phones for almost 25 years now and no matter which type of system the ' selling ' price usually has 2 hours per phone built into it. It usually averages out. I've installed 50 phone jobs sometimes in 2 days, other smaller 8 or 15 phones in 1 day. It all depends on the DETAILS when talking with the Customer, They might not tell you they have had problems with their wiring in the past etc. It also depends if You are ' reusing ' existing cable etc. as with reusing, will the customer let you shut down their system to Cut-over the new, and When? back to the DETAILS...Is there enough room at the MDF to install the ESI without taking them out of service..Etc.(Thats the Great thing about ESI..it so Small!)You can always make room for it.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
Long reply but may be worth reading.

I have been installing the ESI product for over 8 years now. Every scenario will be different. Your company should come up with a "Vanilla" installed price. This would be basic programming, button mapping, etc... Example: All lines ring to one ext., all sets have the same buttons and features, all obviously have line access. Just come up with a "Vanilla" template.

If the customer wants to build an auto attendant tree, have all personalized buttons, work arounds for off site transfers and forwards, then you would estimate the time to do such an install and charge this seperately at anhourly rate.

No matter what, your install will only go as smooth as your planning. Information gathering is the key to success and will let you come in at your estimate or below.

The fallowing took me a total of 6 days to complete on a road trip to Southern California for one customer.

Day 1: Bakersfield installed 2, 72e's each had 10 sets and 8 lines.
Day 2: Complete training and install for the Bakersfield sites. Drive to Sylmar to begin install of 72e w/ 28 sets and PRI.
Day 3: Complete training and cutover for Sylmar. Drive to Long Beach.
Day 4: Install 128X w/67 sets and two PRI's
Day 5: Complete Long Beach.
Day 6: Drive to Oxnard, with LA traffic this took all day.
Day 7: Install 72e with 8 sets and 6 lines.

Keep in mind that I live in San Francisco wich is a 6-7 hour drive to LA. ALL sites had NSP bords and were ESI-Linked. All work done by lil' ol' me. This is something I would not do again.

These installs all went w/o a hitch because of good planning and my experiance with ESI.

If you took the time to get this far, thanks for reading. Hope you find some answers.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Attaboy - good job!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Whoa! Sydeshow MO! I am printing this out and showing this to all my techs! they think 2 days for a 56S with 10 phones and no cabling and no training is too much too ask for!

Blelisa....What union do your techs belong to?

Blelisa, another thing I have done in the past is pre-program the system at my shop and send it out with the tech.

This can easily be done with good data collection from your customer.

Im in Plano, Tx and cant wait to get over to the ESI facility. I guess part of this class includes their Thanksgiving feast.

All re-sellers were invited to this beta test run of the sales training. More of you should have came.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,397 Shoretel
189,123 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 161 guests, and 444 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024