Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
To anyone who uses ESI Link. As you know, placing a call from cab 700 to 701 isn't as easy as just pressing hold. I have a few locations that cannot seem to remember how to properly recover the hold over the Esi Link.

Here's my request, give us the ability to give each ESI-Link channel a DSS key if needed. This would allow calls to see a "line" to put onto hold.

Right now I have a site who I'm asking them to place all ESI-Link calls on Exclusive hold (If it's an Intercom Call). If they don't do this, then they are not able to recover the call.

However this exclusive hold function seems to be too much of a challenge for them.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
I can't remember: aren't you able to button map C.O. lines from other cabinets? Such as 7011, 7012, etc.?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I belive you can button map the Co lines from other cabs, however, if someone does an intercom call, it causes all sort of confusion.

Say 700-112 calls 701-140. 701-140 puts the other guy on hold. Now the guy on cab 700 is hearing hold music, however guy at 701 shows nothing on his display as to where the hold is. No hold light, nothing.

So after the hold time out, the caller at cab 700, will follow his call forwarding (which will happen, as cab 701 cannot recover the call). So now 700-112 is getting answered by 700-100 (or whatever his forwarding goes to).

In a single-cabinet system, I didn't think you could put another station (intercom call) on hold. Where would it show up? If that's the case, why is it any different on a cabinet-to-cabinet intercom call?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
You can put a station to station call on hold with a single cab. I tried it on an X Class and my demo kit.

How does that held call appear? How do you pick it back up? I'm guessing it would appear as an Exclusively Held call.

The held intercom call gets a line number assigned to it- I think it uses line 85 and up (or something).

ESI-Link line appearances are not supported by ESI. I think it's due to potential channel lockups, which caused them a lot of grief in earlier software versions even without line appearances. I know they wanted to, when they first brought out ESI-Link, because it was there in ESI-Access at one point though it was never in the literature.

Line supervision and packet switching are two concepts which do not "get along" well together.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by 5years&counting:
How does that held call appear? How do you pick it back up? I'm guessing it would appear as an Exclusively Held call.
That's the thing, when they place the call simply on hold. It cannot be picked back up. It can only be picked up if it was placed on exclusive hold.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,397 Shoretel
189,127 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024