web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#463724 12/07/07 04:03 AM
OP Offline
Just to follow-up my previous post: I did 'figure out' the issue with E&M lines and Caller ID...turns out that Nuvox was not sending out the right CID signaling. The explination was over my head, but once Nuvox corrected the signaling both DID routing AND Caller ID are working. EXCEPT I am not showing the Name field. Nuvox swears that they are sending both Name and Number, but I am only reciving Number in the phone's LCD display. I was given a couple of explinations of why this might be happening, and wanted to run it by you guys to see what your thoughts are.

1) When caller ID funtion is enabled, the ESI system waits a "ring" to route the call so to capture the Caller ID info. Since the DID digits are sent first, then the caller ID number, the name data comes in between rings two and three. The ESI doesn't "look" for that data between rings 2 and 3?

2) ESI doesn't support Caller ID name when using T1 E&M DID lines...only number?

3) Related to number 1... the user should wait until after the second ring to pick up the phone so to let the ESI system capture the Name field?

4) Nuvox is lying... they aren't sending Name or have the capability to send Name on a E&M DID trunk (Very possible).

On my system programming I've taken out data in all the "name" fields of the lines and DID routes. SO I would think I would at least see "Unavilable" in place of a Caller ID name, but I only get the CID number.

Let me know your thoughts... Again thanks for your help!

Steven

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#463725 12/07/07 04:38 AM
1-Does not apply
2-I'm pretty sure they do
3-Not necessary
4-Bingo, We have a winner!!

I luv NUVOX call

#463726 12/08/07 07:38 AM
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
I thought T1-24 (Supertrunk is one name for it, in AT&T language) did not offer CID name, only number. I don't think this is a limitation of ESI or of Nuvox, I think this is a limitation of the standard. If Nuvox says they offer it, but the standard is that it's number only, then I'd say they didn't tell you the correct information.

Justin

#463727 12/11/07 03:23 AM
OP Offline
5years - The Nuvox switch tech swears that he is sending both Name and Number. I asked him about the standard and he says since it's their IP product, he can go outside the AT&T standard and configure their Cisco CSU to send both name and number with the DID trunk. He believes its a matter of the siginaling and thinks the ESI is only equiped to see number with DID trunks.

Thanks for your comments. Still digging!

#463728 12/11/07 07:03 PM
Gee that's funny. Because they can deviate from standard, that means it's the fault of the ESI system for not being able to recognize a NON-STANDARD feature on the line? ESI, along with many other manufacturer's systems that I know of, are designed around STANDARDS. How absurd for them to even say they can go around the standards, and then turn around and blame the phone system for not being capable of recognizing what they are sending, when it is they who have thrown the standards out the window!

Justin

#463729 12/20/07 11:09 PM
Did you ask them to bring out a T-Berd and capture the CID and show you name and number? They should be able to do this with a 950 with no problem.

#463730 12/22/07 02:20 AM
Steven,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on this one. Name and number are not delivered on these trunks. The cisco will only send the DNIS digits. If you want name and number to come across, I would recommend upgrading to a PRI.

Hope this helps,
Mike

#463731 12/22/07 07:41 AM
Thank You for your efforts Mike (Megatel). Just for accuracy what you are saying is there is nothing wrong with the receiving equipment. If it isn't sent then it isn't gonna be received, no matter what!

Everyone that selected solution 4 gets a gold star.

For the record I don't think the Nuvox rep was lying but instead was just uninformed and didn't know any other way to escape the question other than blaming the equipment. Happens all the time.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,609 Shoretel
189,492 CTX100 install
187,714 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 102 guests, and 338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024