Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#463788 01/11/08 06:13 AM
OP Offline
have a customer with a cs 600. When he calls in to access his VM on his I-Phone it kicks him to one of the fax server ports. i have tried it with my touch screen phone (non-i-phone) and i get in fine. i have tried it with his phone and always have the same result, fax server. i thought i would ask here before i go to tech support.
Has anyone here done the master tech program and if so any feed back on it (may be a installer topic)

Martin Wolfe
Wolfe Communications
Servicing the North Bay
Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Lake, San Francisco, Mendocino
ESI, Avaya, Star2Star,and Toshiba Installer
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

This won't help fix the problem, but have you tried to call his I phone from the cs 600, then press the voicemail key to put him into the auto attendant? If this works I wonder if the I- phone has a feature for outbound calls causing this that can be disabled from the phone

I have not been to the Master Tech class, but here it is great.

Have you tried having someone else with an i-phone calling in to determine if it is i-phone or just that specific i-phone?

I think we need a member with an i-phone attempt this by dialing in and changing the day/night mode as a test.

We have employees with I-Phones and we also have a CS-600 in our office, I don't know that anyone has trouble getting VM remotely.

Also, Winetech: My Operations Manager/Senior Tech was one of the 6 that went through the first Master Tech class (AircomKC from the board was in the same class fyi), I'll have him shoot you an email on the class (you're correct it's not a subject for an open forum) but I can tell you that he was top notch as far as ESI knowledge goes and he said he learned a lot!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
OP Offline
Grinder i will have to try that.
next time i am there i will call into my office to access my VM.
thank you for the quick responses that's (and you Guys)what makes this forum ROCK

Martin Wolfe
Wolfe Communications
Servicing the North Bay
Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Lake, San Francisco, Mendocino
ESI, Avaya, Star2Star,and Toshiba Installer
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
The MT Class is very well worth the trip! PM me if you have any questions.

If you can replicate the issue, call TS (Or any MT). They can monitor button entry or call flow to see why it is getting kicked to the fax server.

I had a customer using a Verizon Voyager with a similar problem. When they would dial in, the password would never work. It ended up that the DTMF tones didn't correspond to the key pressed.

Long story short, Verizon had a software / firmware patch for the phone. After the cell phone was upgraded it worked great.

SST Offline
have you monitored the incoming line when the iphone calls in? This would tell you a lot about what the iphone is sending, if anything. Are you shure it sends him to fax port and not the internal modem?

I use an iPhone. I'll be glad to call in if you need me to.

On another thought, I'm NOT an ESI tech so I may be way off base here, but could it be an entry in a call routing table that is recognizing the incoming CID and transferring it to the fax? The iPhone has a soft switch to turn off the outgoing CID if you wanted to test the theory. You may have per call call blocking in your state as well, but here in Texas our codes don't work very well with the iPhone. For instance if you have per line call blocking on your phone like I do, the *82 code won't work for unblocking. You have to use *31#. :shrug: I only mention that as it could be relevant if you start trying to troubleshoot it being a CRT issue.

Also, is he dialing from an incorrect speed dial enrty in his I-phone? Has he manually dialed the call? Could he be accidentally dialing a DID point to the fax server?

Oderint dum metuant
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Stupid question: Every cell phone or i-phone or j-phone or whatever offers a short or long DTMF tone sending option. It's also never the standard setting for the phone. Most people never notice, but when interfacing with non-cell terminations, there is the need for DTMF signaling.

Could it be that it's set to short so that some of the digits sent are being missed? Perhaps only one digit is being detected, as in the option to send a fax? Does your auto attendant offer a single-digit option to send a fax?

Sorry for all of the questions, but this sounds like a problem that can exist with any system if the cell phone isn't sending DTMF tones that are long enough for the system to detect.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,487 CTX100 install
187,686 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024