Print Thread
Rate Thread
#467316 01/14/06 08:19 AM
Test-ok Offline OP
RIP Admin-Founder
OP Offline
RIP Admin-Founder
Lets get this started.
We can use this topic for general questions.
We have a group of installers etc. who want some kind of Web help, some that need to get a site built, some that need to clean up what they have, others that need a logo designed, need a URL, hosting and some SEO (search engine optimization)tips, some need it all and others just want to read. So we'll try and help everyone.
I'll start a few topics so we can keep things together and you can bounce to what ever topic you need.
We also have some great group of guys who are very familiar with Web development in one way or another. They are willing to offer some free advise all the way to doing it for you..some charges may and will apply, we'll get into that in the different topics.
All you guys that are here to help please introduce your self in the appropriate topics, ya know your name, site any links or information you would like to add and so on.
We'll get the ball rolling. smile
added:
If any of you want any of these services because you just want it done and don't want to deal with it, pm the experts in here and get the info on pricing etc.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#467317 01/18/06 05:43 AM
I guess I will kick this topic off.

My name's Colin, president of The FX Agency (new website coming soon)
My firm handles web development, custom programming, internet marketing, consulting and web hosting.
I'm not a big fan of talking about myself, but bring up the Internet, ask questions and I will talk your ear off.

I wanted to talk a little bit about why hiring a pro, is the way to go. (hey that rhymed smile )

There is kind of a running joke within the webmaster-type community, that business people are choosing their next-door neighbour's, wife's, sister's, second husband's, son's, girl-friend's roommate to design their website. (okay, I exxaggerated a little bit) smile

So, the question is... would you send this same person to a service call or even a sales meeting with a prospective client? Probably not, I think for obvious reasons.

The inherent problem with websites, is that you can only visualize them. You cannot touch, hear or interact with them the same way you do with people.

Would you buy this vehicle for your company?
[Linked Image from fxstudios.net]
Probably not... why?
Well, you may get strange looks, you might feel embarassment, you wouldn't want customers to see it for fear of losing their business and being ridiculed, not to mention what friends and family might say.

If you are driving this truck around with your company name on it, you are giving onlookers a first impression of your business, which I am sure you will agree, is not good. The same thing applies with websites. The main difference here... is that you may never know what the impressions are of your visitors, because they will never contact you to say.. "Hey, your website is brutal". Doing that is too much work, the easiest thing for them to do is, just leave.

How many visitors are you losing because they couldn't navigate your site or couldn't find the information they were looking for? ... or for other asthetic reasons....

Well, the answer, is you just don't know for sure.. again for the interactivity reasons. Nobody is going to contact you to tell you why they left your site to go to your competitors, they will just go.

What if I told you, you are losing 10 customers a month? If, on average each customer spends about $500.00, that's $5,000 per month you are NOT receiving. Is that enough of a reason to hire a pro?

In its purest form, a website is an advertising vehicle. Employing a website just because it's cool or because your competitors have one, is just not enough of a reason.

To take full advantage of what a properly designed and constructed website has to offer, it needs to be a part of your marketing/advertising budget.

Do you have an advertising budget?
If the answer is no, then either you are too busy that advertising is not necessary or you may not realize the benefits of advertising.

(... to be continued)

Web Hoster, Designer, Marketer....
#467318 03/21/06 03:48 PM
Well I am the new guy here. I am a phone guy but I also do a little bit of web designing on the side. I have done a few of the guys websites around here. I dont charge much since it is just a side thing. I am by no means an expert, just do it on the side. So, if you have any questions, dont hesistate to ask.

Some sites that I have done....

1. https://www.A1BizCom.com
2. https://www.StrictlyEA.com
3. https://www.NewDaySa.com
4. https://www.ShelfManagementGroup.com
5. https://www.capitol-comm.com
6. https://www.kichline.com/mark/
7. https://www.swedishcars.com (ugly site but he wanted it with those colors puke )

To give you an idea on price, I can do websites like number 5 and 6 for $250.00-$350.00. They had all the information I just designed a new site, put it on there and added a few things. So it depends on how much I have to do for the price really.

www.A1Bizcom.com
Specializing in selling and installing new and used Samsung systems
#467319 04/21/06 06:29 PM
Admin
Admin
Looks good SooprmanX :thumb: I've been picking away at my web site. Using Frontpage I can't find how to edit meta tags. Heres what I have so far [Linked Image from img35.echo.cx]
https://www.megalink.net/~comcom/

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
#467320 04/22/06 07:21 AM
Looking at the page, what do you want to edit?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#467321 04/23/06 07:11 AM
Test-ok Offline OP
RIP Admin-Founder
OP Offline
RIP Admin-Founder
about meta tags, if your in FP go to the HTML tab and edit you Title tag and description...that's really the only 2 tags that are really looked at.

#467322 04/23/06 07:59 AM
Isn't it easier just to open the file in a text editor like notepad and make the changes?

I'm no HTML expert (and I could be wrong) but looking at your source code it's right there at the top.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#467323 04/23/06 11:26 AM
Admin
Admin
Thanks Tom & Hal I found how to edit under the HTML tab I was looking for a meta tag wizard in Frontpage but just editing text I guess its not needed. I put a bunch of questions in the web forum that should help me.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,619 Shoretel
189,509 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 161 guests, and 364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024