web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello everyone,

I am trying to build a website for my grandfather who sells electronic power conditioners. I'm using Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac.

I am trying to make it professional by using shadowed and 3D shapes with titles and as a logo. All is well until I save the document and open the file in Safari or Firefox. The fixed text (not in textboxes) is in it's rightful position, but the pictures and graphics are either partially cut off or missing altogether.

This is very irritating! I've tried almost everything I can think of to see if this will fix it. I know there must be something going wrong in Microsoft Word's HTML writing process, because if it was right the graphics and pictures would obviously be in their rightful positions.

I don't know what else to do at this point. I considering just finding another web editor altogether because this just isn't working. I really like and am familiar with Word's interface, but it's not worth the frustration if I can find better working software. :bang:

I would really appreciate any suggestions any of you might have. Also if anyone knows of any other open source web editing software that is Mac compatible, I would appreciate any recommendations.

Thank you,
telecom guy10

Tennessee Technology Solutions, LLC | "Business technology solutions reimagined." | (423) 665-9995 | www.423tech.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hi telecom guy10,

I like your user name, it's like mine! Anyway, you might want to try Kompozer, it's open source and Mac compatible: https://www.kompozer.net/download.php

It's not the greatest tool in the world, but it will be of some help to you.

Do you know HTML at all? I'd be happy to help you by looking at your code if that's of any interest to you.

OP Offline
laugh

Thanks! I will have to download that.

I do know some basic HTML, but what I meant in my post was that Microsoft Word must not be building the code properly based on what I was doing on the document.

I've got an ancient Gateway PC along with my Macbook that I forgot has Microsoft Office on it. I will have to give it a try on there- maybe Safari doesn't "understand" some of the code Microsoft Word is using, therefore the pictures come out completely hosed.

I noticed if I took screenshots of the graphics, in my case some 3D cubes with text inside for titles, and removed the actual graphics and replaced them with the screenshots, the pictures would stay were they were supposed to.

The same thing is happening with text that is in text boxes. Text that I've just written straight onto the document is in its proper place, but not the text in boxes.

Thanks for your reply.

Tennessee Technology Solutions, LLC | "Business technology solutions reimagined." | (423) 665-9995 | www.423tech.com
telcom guy10, that's the best way to do it. If you are doing fancy things with text and graphics, you should just put the text into the image and post the image into the web page rather than battling it out, especially when it comes to compatibility with browsers other than Internet Explorer.

This is especially true if you are doing things with fancy fonts and transparencies, etc... All browsers can load images, but not all browsers can interpret the complex design you may be designing.

OP Offline
frown I was hoping this would work.. Oh well.

I'll have to try it on the Windows PC.

Thanks for your help.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,596 Shoretel
189,482 CTX100 install
187,648 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024