Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
MrM Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

I teach in a school that uses an Iwatsu Adix system. Each classroom has an IX-MKT phone, which does not having a PAGE button on it.

Our school intercom is operated by pressing the PAGE key, #, and then a code. The problem is that in order to make an announcement, the person needs to be down in the office and using the secretary's phone. We'd like to have the option to use any phone in the school.

Classroom phones have a FEAT key on them. Is there any way to replicate the "PAGE" key on one of the phones?

Thanks a lot! We've been asking this question since August, but no one in the small district seems to have an answer.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
You would need to check with the installer of the system as the page code is assigned in the database programming

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
MrM Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the quick reply!

It sounds odd, I know, but we're not quite sure who our installer/maintenance contact is. In fact our custodians have been doing the best they can with fixing what we've got (with duct tape and zip ties). Since this is a school district and all, do you think I would be able to contact a regional rep or any local Iwatsu service person for assistance?

I can't tell you how frustrating it is having to run down to the office every time we need to make an announcement. The school is most concerned with being able to announce a "lockdown" or emergency procedures while the secretary is using the phone to contact authorities.

Again, thanks for the reply!

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
A number of schools in my area have Iwatsu systems with the sort of paging/intercom system you've described. Chances are very good that your telephone system was installed as part of a bundle with your paging and fire/security alarms. I'd check with the folks who take care of this equipment for you, and check the phone system box itself.Most installers place a decal on equipment they've proudly installed with contact info.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
MrM Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the information. On Monday I'll see if I can find the key to crack open the box to find a decal. I too was surprised not to see some sort of sticker or decal on the box.

Thanks again,

Matt

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Well, did you get what you needed? I just noticed this thread. I used to service ADIX and may be able to help, but there is (or was) a large Iwatsu dealer in Raleigh. Suggest you try to contact them if you have had no success. Or PM me. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,805
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 158 guests, and 421 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024