web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
29.95 was if they had already purchased the $45-50 GUI apps that they need at least 10 of. So your at a minimum of 450, plus how ever many of the "phone only" deals at 29.95 a pop. Then add the phones, guess on the low side of 200 a piece for a "throw away IP phone", possibly upgrading the network to accommodate all this. Of course they are not going to purchse POE switches so now ya got damn power plugs everywhere. I didn't see mention of MOH which I think would be BIG for a company. Oh you want to use your phone at home, well you need to setup a VPN too, which I doubt they install. After everything is said and done, I'm thinking a Hybrid is going to be cheaper. Are you giving them internet as well? No one doubts VOIP is the future, Hosted VOIP, not so much. Not trying to be angry here, but if you are going to say how your system is so much better, then lay your cards down.

[This message has been edited by OhioTelecom (edited June 24, 2005).]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hey bbarnes,

We have several pure IP systems installed that are working great. They are all larger than your 5-50 user range for the most part, so I'm sure the CPE approach still makes sense for the customers we've installed.

My biggest problem with the "hosted" solution is that, well....it kind of reminds me of AMWAY, in that I have seen a lot of people peddaling it, but I don't know ANYONE (other than the people selling it) that actually uses it.

I'm certified on the converged solutions from the top three manufacturers of IP CPE, and my company actually had a relationship with Interactive Intelligence in the past (I remember when my ININ stock was $45 per share).

I am in Omaha as well. So, while somewhat scepticle, I would be interested enough to let you buy me lunch while I listen to the rest of your pitch! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Welcome to the board!

BCM(looking for a free lunch)Guy.com

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Learn more about the Nortel Networks Business Communications Manager HERE !

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies
Coral Tech, Help me out. What basic functions are you talking about. Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I'm talking about IP telephony. Help me out with any troubles you have see.

Ok, first thing you were talking about the Cisco product. The fact remains you cannot get a second line appearance on your phone even though you are using DID/PRI. Ouch. MOH is a seperate server and considered an ad-on $$$. Never ending updates and never knowing what updates will affect which routers and the QOS. Gig ethernet will not allow for power blades for POE. Large installs will consume VASTLY more power than a hybrid. Tell ya what, I have nothing against Telephony over IP...TOIP. In fact I deploy IP weekly when it makes sense to do so. I simply don't see where a hybrid is never a better way to go. Moving phones around can be accomplished easilly now on hybrids AND I would add needs to be restricted in Illinois due to e911 concerns and updating the locator services. To name a few....

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Seems like the numbers don't work to me. $50 per month for each phone?? So if you have 30 phones you pay $1,500 each month?? Even if that includes the T1 (does it?) that sounds like a huge amount of money each month. Seems like you would be way ahead to get your own T1, lease a system for 5 years with a $1 buyout and own it at the end. Am i missing something here???. I can remember a local computer vendor who offered hosted exchange services but nobody wanted it because it made more sense to buy your own server and pay to service it and you still came out way ahead.

Thanks for all the info, more the better. I'm still in the learning process, so don't think I'm arguing with you. We have about 800 cat6 drops in the building and our six IDFs have 4500 cisco switches and all the blades are POE. When you said 2nd line apperance did you mean two incoming #s? Because what we do now is a DID is put on a phone and if it is busy and another call comes in it will roll to the 2nd internal extension. Is that possible?

bbarnes Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MARK3906:
How many systems do you have in the field?

</font>

5. A total of about 75 phones. We wanted to turn a few up before we announced our existence. That will be next month at the Microsoft conference. So far so, good.

------------------
www.itel-ip.com

VoIP, with Features Galore

[This message has been edited by bbarnes (edited June 28, 2005).]

www.itel-ip.com

bbarnes Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Coral Tech:
29.95/month is kinda steep for a large application. I am assuming the customer provides their own phones as well?</font>

Actully I thought that was cheap. Packet8 is $39.95/mo and they are one of the cheapest.

Customer CAN provide their own phones, but we usually do.

------------------
www.itel-ip.com

www.itel-ip.com

bbarnes Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OhioTelecom:
29.95 was if they had already purchased the $45-50 GUI apps that they need at least 10 of. So your at a minimum of 450, plus how ever many of the "phone only" deals at 29.95 a pop. Then add the phones, guess on the low side of 200 a piece for a "throw away IP phone", possibly upgrading the network to accommodate all this. Of course they are not going to purchse POE switches so now ya got damn power plugs everywhere. I didn't see mention of MOH which I think would be BIG for a company. Oh you want to use your phone at home, well you need to setup a VPN too, which I doubt they install. After everything is said and done, I'm thinking a Hybrid is going to be cheaper. Are you giving them internet as well? No one doubts VOIP is the future, Hosted VOIP, not so much. Not trying to be angry here, but if you are going to say how your system is so much better, then lay your cards down.

[This message has been edited by OhioTelecom (edited June 24, 2005).]
</font>

I apprieciate the feedback. No offense taken at all.

No need to upgrade the network if I bring in a QoS private internet circuit.

Yes we can do 802.3af (POE) and yes a POE switch is more expensive but worth it to some.

MOH goes without saying.

I am doing ROI's as we speak for the conference. We win on hardware and features every time. Monthly's are close but if you factor in less maintenance then we get another bump. Right now I am doing our vs a Samsung 8x16 hybrid and also a 6x8. I think this is fair becuase Samsung is one of the least expensive "mainstream" (not some cheap SIP server by an unknown) PBX's out there...

[This message has been edited by bbarnes (edited June 28, 2005).]

www.itel-ip.com

bbarnes Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BCMguy.com:
Hey bbarnes,

We have several pure IP systems installed that are working great. They are all larger than your 5-50 user range for the most part, so I'm sure the CPE approach still makes sense for the customers we've installed.

My biggest problem with the "hosted" solution is that, well....it kind of reminds me of [b]AMWAY
, in that I have seen a lot of people peddaling it, but I don't know ANYONE (other than the people selling it) that actually uses it.

I'm certified on the converged solutions from the top three manufacturers of IP CPE, and my company actually had a relationship with Interactive Intelligence in the past (I remember when my ININ stock was $45 per share).

I am in Omaha as well. So, while somewhat scepticle, I would be interested enough to let you buy me lunch while I listen to the rest of your pitch! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Welcome to the board!

BCM(looking for a free lunch)Guy.com

[/B]</font>

Small world. Lunch is on me anytime. I'm in the corporate office this week but I will be back in town next. Where do you want to go? E-mail me and we'll hook up. It would be my pleasure.

-bbarnes

------------------
www.itel-ip.com

www.itel-ip.com

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,700 Shoretel
189,731 CTX100 install
187,909 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024