Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
bbarnes Offline OP
OP Offline
upstateny,

I am posting on the updates. Sorry for the delay. Let me know if there are any more details you want to know. Thanks.

------------------
www.itel-ip.com

VoIP, with Features Galore

www.itel-ip.com

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Just found this board, great place!

I was seriously considering hosted VOIP pbs solution till I read through this thread.. now I'm cautious......

I'm setting up a new office; 6-9 users and love my home vonage (Click2call integration with outlook, simulring etc so was leaning to voip, but.....

I have a Norstar SPNS824_M7310 pbs and 8 phones allready, so am wondering if figuring out a hybrid approach might make sense. But I can't spend much $$$ and would love some thoughts on potential solutions?

Thanks... Peter

bbarnes Offline OP
OP Offline
Welcome to the board.

Out of curiosity, what were the things in this thread you learned about hosted voip that now make you cautious?

www.itel-ip.com

Has anyone heard/seen problems with viruses, hacks, etc with either VoIP or hosted VoIP?

I was told of a customer with local hosted company where there sets would seize up... but they were not broken, they alegedly had a virus or worm.. a real pain in the rear to troubleshoot from a tech stand point.

Also heard that, because each set has an IP address, that "voice spam"... unsolicited voice messages (advertisements) could be emailed to a phone's voice mailbox... just hearsay... anyone know anything about voice spam?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BrianS:
Has anyone heard/seen problems with viruses, hacks, etc with either VoIP or hosted VoIP?</font>

I haven't heard anything directly, but it's certainly possible with a Windows Server based system. I'd imagine that would be the lower end stuff. Cisco, for example, uses a customized version of the server OS, which I believe is hardened.

My experience is limited to 3Com products running VXWorks. Not much danger of viruses or worms there.

[This message has been edited by UpstateNetworks (edited September 20, 2005).]

-Steve
Well... ready to try some voip hosted pbx!

I will be in a Regus/HQ office(hotel) for about 3-6 months and have a T1, but can't install my own pbx. Figure I'll buy 5-9 Polycom 601's and use a hosted pbx service till I move into permanent facilities.

Trick is 2 companies, several common users and several that are in one company only.

I really like the fonality solution (mod'd asterik box) but the force you to buy phones etc all through them... would be okay if they were good market prices frown

Seem's like a plan, any thoughts?

Why can't you install your own PBX? You are going to have to have some fairly serious bandwidth for that many sets. Were you planning on setting the sets up over hotel lan? If so reliabilty could be real problem. If you are bringing in your own data pipe then you could easily set up your own PBX. 9 sets is getting up there for a hosted solution. Could you give us a little more info as to what your scenario is? May be able to offer a better solution if we had more.

bbarnes Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by pscobee:
Well... ready to try some voip hosted pbx!

I will be in a Regus/HQ office(hotel) for about 3-6 months and have a T1, but can't install my own pbx. Figure I'll buy 5-9 Polycom 601's and use a hosted pbx service till I move into permanent facilities.

Trick is 2 companies, several common users and several that are in one company only.

I really like the fonality solution (mod'd asterik box) but the force you to buy phones etc all through them... would be okay if they were good market prices frown

Seem's like a plan, any thoughts?
I checked them out when I saw your post. A couple things I noticed...

1. Nice website
2. Made the Pulver hot 100, impressive
3. They seem to specialize in "a cheap premised based PBX" (it appears they offer a hosted version too, but I didn’t see any pricing or a lot of specifics on it)

In regards to their features...

1. It looks like pretty much the same stuff most companies offer
2. No desktop faxing?
3. Decent outlook integration but it doesn’t look like they provide outlook for you.
4. I didn’t see any guarantee of QoS
5. Their LD rates seem a little high ($.039 a min?)
6. Forcing people to buy phones from them is just mean. smile

The scenario you have with 2 companies and lots of crossover people is pretty basic. They should just give you 2 auto attendants and route calls to wherever they need to go based on workgroups. Unless there is something else I don’t know, I would think they should do this for free. I would.

All in all they look like a solid solution but they just don’t have something much different than anyone else.

Good Luck!

www.itel-ip.com

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,710 Shoretel
189,752 CTX100 install
187,917 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (dumanbyy), 156 guests, and 334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024