web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
MGERE,
I would say Shoretel conference capabilities are a bit lacking when you look at the resources it takes away from other functions, or price of it vs say the IPO, or other systems. The analog stations resources level seems to be a bit high as well in my opinion, that is just my opinion also. Reporting I would not argue with you about, as I have heard some complaints from users in that regard as well. The only other concern is for the less than cutting edge network of course that does not have POE switches for their entire network, I do not really believe in VOIP cost effectiveness unless the network is converged not seperate voice, and data as it doubles the network hardware required, as well as cable runs.

VOIP is about convergance, or it is about having twice the cabling, network hardware, and P2P costs.

I can not recommend any technology platform, only technicians!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

mgere...I sell ShoreTel. We got involved when they were called Shoreline 5 years ago. Easy product to demo.
ShoreTel has addressed the analog ports issue with the release of a 24 port analog switch for xxxx. Avaya IPO cannot be compared to ST...if you are going to compare ShoreTel to Avaya you need to compare to Communications Manager.

(Edited to delete pricing)

Whitey,
XXXX just makes the issue now the fact that the resource level which is too high is the financial resources in my opinion.

I agree the ST does not compare to the Avaya IPO in many respects. The cost factor of the ST to provide a cost effective conference bridge, and many other cabilities is not even going to compare with the IPO within the IPO's market sector which is SMBS. When you take the IPO out of the SMBS market it does not stand up to the ST as the ST can handle more users. Beyond that the IPO stands up well against the ST or any other system. I have worked implementations that were IPO which was bid against ST by the same salesman, or different salesman both within the same vendor and against other vendors. I have worked implementations that were ST which was bid against IPO by the same salesman, or different salesman both within the same vendor and against other vendors. Some the IPO is a better fit, and some the ST, even though we sold both. When taken out of the SMBS market sector you are correct it is another system which the ST can then compete with as the CM is Avayas solution beyond the SMBS market sector. ST is more along the priceline of the CM for many of its features like conference bridges, etc., and that makes sense as the ST does not specialize, or price point in the SMBS market, but the enterprise market. In that market it does not compete with the IPO, and so I do see your point of comparison in that light.

I want to make it clear that I like the ST, and feel it has applications for which it is very effective, just like the IPO has those, as many systems do have their defining strengths as well as weaknesses. Against the ST the IPO lacks the ability to grow to the size of the ST, in which case the Avaya option is the CM, and that is a different comparison. One which I will defer to those who have worked on CM, and ST implementations, as if I were to try to speak like an expert on systems I have never worked on the implementations of I would sound like a salesman, and everyone knows, that is not a qualified position to be arguing the comparisons of systems in specific applications of a specific solution scenario. I prefer to speak about what I know, and leave the other to the sales guys.

(edited to delete pricing)

Point well takem. In my opinion the ease of use...ease of management...ease of installation....ease of upgrades..and the desktop tools speak to the strengths of ST.

If you are specifically intrigued with the built in conferencing ability and you are looking for a red hold button...then buy IPO.

Admin
Admin
Alright folks...I went through and cut a few posts that were of no value at all. We all have our opinions but please stop the personal back and forth jabs. If you desire to disagree with each and wish to carry on please use the PM feature and keep it out of the public view.

[Linked Image]
In my experience using the IPO, managing the IPO, installing the IPO, upgrading the IPO, using the IPO user applications.
Training; users applications, technicians, administrators, the IPO is very easy to do all of these things. The same is true of the ST as well.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,705 Shoretel
189,735 CTX100 install
187,911 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (pvj), 106 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024