Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Toshiba
OP Offline
Moderator-Toshiba
https://www.starfish-pbx.org/

From their "about" page :
Starfish PBX aims to be an open source alternative to Digium’s Switchvox. The goal is to have a software equivalent to which we can add additional functionality like :

*Configure additional, non-digium, telephony cards
*Provisioning for wide range of VoIP phones
*Support for additional telephony hardware (ex: chan_mobile).
*Option to chose between different fax implementations (ex: HaylaFax)
*Better support for non-SIP phones (ex: IAX2, SCCP, MGCP)
*Interface I18N

And why not, possibility to use FreeSwitch as a backend
In order to achieve all this, we need you help !

NOTE: Starfish PBX is in a early development stage right and and not suitable for production use but you’re encouraged to download and test it. We’re opened to your suggestions and questions on the forum and on our irc channel (#starfish-pbx on freenode).
Has anyone here used this software yet? I know it's based on Asterisk, but other than that... I haven't heard any talk about it and haven't found much via searching. Just curious about it in general.

Thanks!

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Tony,

These are just another bunch of dudes late to the dance and are trying to get YET ANOTHER asterisk distro off the ground. I wish them luck but the biggest problem with all of these distro's is support. If you have 40 hours to pour over the forums to get an answer to why your message waiting lamp doesn't work on your polycom phones then have at it. Most dealers don't have that kind of time to get support issues resolved. That said if you want a free system thats at least decently reliable try PBXinaFlash. It has some of the same issues but is much easier to update than trixbox or some of the other distro's. If you want to deploy an asterisk system for your customers get a product that has good support and doesn't make you reinvent the wheel. Like IPitomy..

"If I can't fix it, I'll fix it so that no one else can"
IPitomy is a pretty good product.

I think it has some product maturity issues to deal (they are dealing with them) with but it is head and shoulders above the "Asterisk" systems

IPitomy is a responsive and a well run company - I think once they enhance a few things they will be the Leading Asterisk vendor, Digium maybe their only real competitor down the road.

Most of the rest will be gone soon and another group will start up.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,580 Shoretel
189,460 CTX100 install
187,615 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024