Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
This applied some to the recent post of circuit IDs

I have to say I know nothing of the way this works and it confuses the heck out of me.

I am trying to sort out what is what at a new company I work for. There is no documentation and we are about to do a final switchover from AT&T to MCI.

The switchover has been voice and data, I have been tasked with verifying all circuits with letting my superiors know what AT&T circuits remain.

The documentation says there are LD PRIs.

Does LD PRI mean that it is Long Distance?
Does this have anything to do with the DMARC?

I have DHEC circuit ID's, I am told by the MCI person there should be 4 local circuits left.

But AT&T is telling me they only have Long Distance circuits, she could not identify and of the 69HCGS circuits on the DMARCs.

How the heck do all of these circuits tie into the phone system, how do I trace this and know what is what?

I know it is a tall order for you guys, but I have no where else to turn,

Can someone help with some info?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

LD PRI would, to me, mean long distance. Your 69HCGS circuits are local circuit ID's that may or may not have an AT&T id associated with them, your local carrier should know. Where they interface to your phone system and what they are for your phone vendor should be able to identify.

Retired phone dude
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I think Bill is correct stating that "LD" means Long Distance. The term PRI is usually associated with ISDN service.

Many times, long distance service providers do not have the local facilities to deliver a T1 circuit. In those instances, they will lease a T1 from the local telephone company.

The local telephone company will install the T1 and, sometimes, label the jack with circuit IDs of BOTH providers. So it is entirely possible that there are some jacks with 69/HCGS/...... and DHEC...... IDs written on them.

It is also possible that you have T1 service from your local provider as well. One good way to tell would be to pull the telephone bills from the past few months and see what services each provider is charging you for.

Still, some of those jacks could be from circuits that have been disconnected for some time now.

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
Well,

I have the bills, one of the problems is all there are account numbers and and that is all. No circuit ID information on any of it.

AT&T cannot tell me anything about what we have other than 4 LD PRIs.

I have the circuit ID for it, but it doesnt match up with anything I am seeing.

Just so I understand, the 68HCGS numbers are ONLY connections from the DMARC to the local carrier CO?

is that correct?

AT&T unless things have change a lot since I retired should be able to give you both the AT&T id and the local id, I know we always had access to both in the maintenance center. If you've told them you are switching carriers they will probably only give you the information they are require to.

The 68hcgs are the local id's for the t-1 BUT they will probably only talk to who order the circuits which was AT&T so you're in a catch 22, you bought the service from AT&T who ordered the local access so AT&T is the local carriers customer not you. I don't know why the local company wouldn't tell you who the circuit id's belong to at the very least.

If you have the bills and the local company isn't charging you for a T-1 then they must all be AT&T's. I'd still get my vendor out for help.

Retired phone dude
I would agree with Bill.

There are 2 circuit id's because one belongs to the local carrier and one belongs to the LD carrier. The HCGS circuits would be the local carrier Circuit id's The other would be the LD carriers Circuit ID.

If you would like to know what the circuits are I would call the LD carrier for which you are getting a bill from. Give them your name. Your company name and say you would like to review the service you have coming into your office. Give them the Circuit Id's for them and they should be able to give you a detailed account of the service.

Including a list of valid account codes. Which are codes that can either be programmed to be automatically dialed in most phone systems or have to be dialed manually by the user that they are assigned to. This is so you can track who is making the call.

All In One Communications
Mustang, OK
Welcome to the board, wilson_1234! welcome
Here's an example of what is being explained to you: One of our LD PRIs is "leased" from our Long Distance Provider to our Local Service Provider (LEC), whom passes this LD circuit on to us. Although the LD provider assigns their own circuit ID to this PRI, our LEC also assigns their own circuit ID to this same LD PRI. Thus, between us and our LEC, the circuit ID for this LD PRI is 50HCGSXXXXXX. However, this same circuit is also assigned a separate and distinctly different circuit ID by the LD provider: NPXXXXXXX.XXX.

To save yourself alot of headaches, you just need to explain your dilemma to your local service provider, so that they can come out to their demarc to confirm, correctly label, and provide you with their circuit IDs, as well as the circuit IDs that are also assigned to these circuits by the LD provider. They should have no problem doing this for you.

I don't know if I have mentioned this, but on some smartjacks I see 101/T1ZF/BCWDOH46DSO.
That is a CLLI code, not a circuit ID...

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
CLLI codes are used mostly with carriers between providers (LEC to IXC....LEC to CLEC and so on).

It is uncommon to see them out at end user locations (at least in this part of the country).

I Love FEATURE 00
This is the CLLI code BCWDOH46DSO, city, state, office. Usually written with an A and Z end, so if it's the same office would be 101/T1ZF/BCWDOH46DSO/BCWDOH46DSO 101 is the carrier the T1ZF is the circuit type. This would be a local carrier. Long haul would be something like 1/T1F/AUSTTXGR/DLLSTXTL. As Dex said this information shouldn't be at the DEMARC has nothing to do with circuit ID's.

Retired phone dude
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,812
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,378 Shoretel
189,081 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (paulw), 129 guests, and 427 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024