Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
And FWIW, I have worked for both an ILEC and later on a CLEC. Sometimes VZ would get our (CLEC's) T1 service restored within a 4 hour window frame and sometimes not. The biggest obstacle was just going through all of the menu options to get to a live person and then find out that you had to be transferred to another person and another...........maybe it is a good thing I do not have to deal with it anymore .............so far............

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

We generally get our circuits repaired quickly. The biggest problem that we'll run into is debates on the test results for DS0 loops. I would say that CLEC's should get fairly quick repairs because of the volume purchased.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but my thoughts:

I work for a contractor for a CLEC in my area. I find that the ILEC in my area (Ex-Verizon now Fairpoint) definitely drags their feet. When I determine the issue with the customer's circuit (be it dry loop DSL or Voice or Voice/DSL combo) is outside of the customer prem wiring, I inform the CLEC of what I found. They submit a trouble ticket to VZ (now Fairpoint). 9 times out of 10, FP will close out the ticket with NTF (no trouble found). It usually takes another DPO (dispatch out) or a VM (vendor meet) to prove to them the issue is there and is their problem. Often times I arrive for the vendor meet at the customer prem, the problem is mysteriously fixed and a FP tech doesn't show up. Ticket narrative is then closed out with NTF.

It drives me nuts. Only the 1 time out of 10 does a nice, helpful FP tech come out and actually see the issue, care enough to fix it, and inform us of the fix.

That's because the ILECs are forced to support their own competition. So the ILEC will do just enough to stay out of trouble and couldn't care less about the CLEC or their customers.

I never recommend CLECS to any of my customers. I give them that explanation and tell them that if they want a better chance of their problems being taken care of sooner and without BS stay with the ILEC.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
That is true. From what I understand the CLECs are being billed for the loop, so basically they are a customer of the ILEC. I wish it was that simple though.

They may be billed for the loop (at a wholesale rate keep in mind) but the ILEC doesn't have the end user and that's where they make their money.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Thing you ya’ll have to understand this kind of thing happens all internally too with the BIG LECs.

When I worked for an RBOC, it was somewhat common to be working on a troubled turn-up with everyone and there brother on a call from all departments… Remote tester calls a pass-tru C.O. because that’s where they think the trouble is at… C. O. tech answers say “hang on. I’ll go check on it.” … While the C.O. tech is “away,” remote tester sees the circuit go from yellow alarm, to red… and a couple moments later the trouble clears to no alarms. Sometimes the C.O. tech comes back to the phone and says, “Checked it out. Everything was okay with it.” :rolleyes: Uhhhhh huh, sure it was.

The NTF but problems clear magically happens when no one else is looking all the time… It’s not a conspiracy.
wink laugh

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)
Originally posted by CnGRacin:
The NTF but problems clear magically happens when no one else is looking all the time… It’s not a conspiracy. wink laugh
'BFM' and 'CBFM' are two very commonly used clear codes between technicians for those mystery troubles in RBOCs!

--Matt
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,395 Shoretel
189,118 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (BobRobert), 96 guests, and 413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024