web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
KLD Offline
Yep, Jeff, that is a 93C protector. The older version had the fuses below the porcelain.

Ken
---------
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry I didn't get back to this last night. We have family issues going on that needed attending to.

Okay, so I printed this thread and got side tracked before I headed back to the basement. All of a sudden the phone rang a full ring and then another full ring. I answered it and it was a pre-recorded message from the telephone company saying they would be at our residence on 2/17 to fix the problem.

Well, since we received a call it apprears to already be fixed. I did a bunch of testing with the cell phone and having other people call us and what do you know, problem gone.

Okay, how did it get fixed? In a 100+ year old house, wires don't fix themselves. If the phone company fixed their end, why didn't they just call and tell us that? Why would someone need to come out to the house? I expect to give us a billing charge.

However it happened, we are making and receiving calls again, without static and without disconnects. If something is acting up in the inside wiring I can have it looked at when we have more time to concentrate on it.

Thank you Ed, Bill and Ken for chimming in. Although I cannot see Jeff's picture from work, I expect you guys know what this basement unit looks like. Yes, porcelain would better describe the base material.

Thanks again guys, I truly appreciate your attention to this!!! We really need a phone right now and we have one. Thanks, Rhonda

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
That's the wonder of copper cables. Problems tend to mysteriously fix themselves. :bang:

Before switching over to FiOS, my telephone line would sometimes exhibit the same symptoms. Verizon would simply swap cable pairs in a bundle a few streets over and that would resolve the issue for a while.

I Love FEATURE 00
Originally posted by Rhonda:
Sorry I didn't get back to this last night. We have family issues going on that needed attending to.

Okay, so I printed this thread and got side tracked before I headed back to the basement. All of a sudden the phone rang a full ring and then another full ring. I answered it and it was a pre-recorded message from the telephone company saying they would be at our residence on 2/17 to fix the problem.

Well, since we received a call it apprears to already be fixed. I did a bunch of testing with the cell phone and having other people call us and what do you know, problem gone.

Okay, how did it get fixed? In a 100+ year old house, wires don't fix themselves. If the phone company fixed their end, why didn't they just call and tell us that? Why would someone need to come out to the house? I expect to give us a billing charge.

However it happened, we are making and receiving calls again, without static and without disconnects. If something is acting up in the inside wiring I can have it looked at when we have more time to concentrate on it.

Thank you Ed, Bill and Ken for chimming in. Although I cannot see Jeff's picture from work, I expect you guys know what this basement unit looks like. Yes, porcelain would better describe the base material.

Thanks again guys, I truly appreciate your attention to this!!! We really need a phone right now and we have one. Thanks, Rhonda
Quiet simply a weather change.

Temperature change or the cable had time to dry out… If you get a GOOD tech on dispatch they’ll still take a look at the pairs even thought the trouble cleared. If not the trouble unfortunately, WILL come back.

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Rhonda:

It is possible that the reason they are sending a technician out is to install an outdoor network interface for you. In many instances, they don't do this until a repair is dispatched. Make sure that you ask them to do this (at no charge) so that if this problem occurs again it will be easier to troubleshoot.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
I haven't been able to get a person on the phone. The original automated system didn't give me a trouble ticket. When I called back to cancel the visit I had to take a path as if I was calling in a new trouble, in which they gave me the prompt to cancel. I was concerned we'd have a huge tech visit charge to do nothing as dialtone is working.

Due to a time issue with a family matter, I may have followed through. As I have dialtone working right now, I will just let it go until it acts up again. Then I will work more intently.

Thanks again. Rhonda

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
As a follow-up...

I okay'ed an ATT tech to come over and diagnose the issue.

The tech found a "short" in the wire between the telephone pole and our house. He replaced the wire and gave us a Network Interface Box on the house. We now have outgoing and incoming dial tone at no charge. Yahoo!

Thanks for all of your help. It's always nice to have an understanding so when the repairman comes, you can discuss the issue without sounding like a babbling idiot. Thanks again!

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Glad to hear it all worked out!

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,398 Shoretel
189,137 CTX100 install
187,422 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024