web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We are a 24/7 internet based business. Since starting in 2006 we have had ISDN30 fibre ( 30 line/number capacity but only used 8 to 10 of the lines/numbers )for voice telephones using a AXXESS Inter-Tel5000 PABX. We also have two seperate Broadband lines ( from two different suppliers for resilence, both copper lines ) for our internet traffic.
Since 2006 our business has grown by 100%. We plan to manage further 100% growth in the next 2 years.

We also want to integrate the usage of phone lines and pcs.

We have the opportunity to change offices in the next few months to a new building.

The new building will have a brand new 90 line Mitel PABX which apparently we can "book" a "dedicated" share of the lines.

OK. What is our best option?
Take our own PABX and get new ISDN30 laid on?
Take a share of the new Mitel exchange?
Use SIP?

What is the best approach for 2011 onwards?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
My knee jerk reaction? Never depend on another to support you phone line access! Take the Intertel with you.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
I'd stick with what you have. It's a solid system.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I also would say to keep the system and E1 circuit(s).

I Love FEATURE 00
Mitel is a good product, so to me it would depend on your faith in the other "tenants" on the system.

If you can be sure that they won't do something that screws you over, like calling in a vendor with no clue, randomly turning off forwarding from the console, screwing with mailboxes because they can... Then it might be a good option, and might save you some money.

If you're not 100% that the other tenants won't do something stupid, you might prefer bringing your own system over.

It's a bad idea to let anyone else near your system. You wouldn't want them opening your mail or talking to your clients, would you?

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Sharing a system will eventually lead to problems of some sort.

I have 4 clients, all in the same building, different departments of the same school board and all sharing a system.

They're constantly up in arms at each other over minor crappola...

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Dave, not to confuse things...but if they are all part of the same school board, wouldn't it make sense to be on the same system?

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
wouldn't it make sense to be on the same system?
Not necessarily. School boards are are like a government entity on steroids. Petty turf wars and constant bickering is probably written into their charter somewhere.

It just works out better for everyone if different systems are in use- no arguments about NIGHT mode times, call forwarding timers and call processing. Fewer headaches for everyone, especially the poor slob that has to maintain everything.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
OK. Thank you for your opinions.
I am convinced that I will stick with what we have and IF we move will take our AXXESS Inter-Tel5000 PABX with us.
Next problem, to get ISDN30 installed in the UK is 6/10 weeks from order and then installation can take an indefinite no of days.

Here we go and Thank you again.
Wej Parry

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,488 CTX100 install
187,696 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024