web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
RRino Offline OP
OP Offline
Is it possible for a provider to send out a different CLID name per each DID on the same PRI? Even if it is possible, would they even want to? Seems like they be opening up a can of worms if they agreed to that.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
That one has been bounced around here a few times before. The general consensus was no, it can't be done.

I often receive this request, particularly from law firms because there may be several different attorneys sharing the same PRI service. I can see where those situations would warrant separate naming.

Still, I'm pretty sure that it cannot be done. I have yet to find a service provider that will do this. I'm thinking that there is a bit of a legal issue due to the recent problems that arose with number 'spoofing'.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
RRino Offline OP
OP Offline
That was what I thought.

The reason I asked was that a customer of ours rented out an office space and provided the tenant with a phone off of their Toshiba system. They called me and I told them that the system is capable of sending out the DID number as the outbound CLID of that extension but that the name would be of the "parent" company unless they chose to go without the name altogether, which they didnt want to do. That was a couple of days ago. Today I was informed through our sales guy that the provider changed the name on that one DID. I told him that he was FOS and that it cant be done, to double verify before I go waste my time(and gas) to go out there to make these changes. Havent heard back from him yet.

Like I said in my original post, even if they could do it, would they want to? If just one large company wanted to send out the name of their individual employees as the CLID name, they would be changing names daily.

Thanks for the reply, Ed.

We have done it, but the carrier needs to be involved and build out the DIDs as different BTNs.

XO for example charged for each different name you wanted to outpulse.

James Berman
Business Telephone Systems
770-638-5000
Mitel - Premise and Cloud Solutions
Iwatsu
| Business Telephone Systems Atlanta |
RRino Offline OP
OP Offline
Update:

I talked to the customer yesterday and was told that POPP said that they will change the CLID name for just that one number and leave all the others the same. Went out there this morning and changed the PBX to send out the DID as the outbound CLID on that one ext. Unfortunatly, my cell phone doesn't show caller ID name, same with the one guy that was in the office so I couldn't test for the correct name.

Anyway, the correct number showed up, here's my bill.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
I haven't seen a cell phone yet that would show the name....believe me I tried to find one.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Originally posted by MooreTel:
I haven't seen a cell phone yet that would show the name....believe me I tried to find one.
My cell phone shows names all the time! I just can't figure out how when my wife calls, it shows up as "The Boss".... :rofl:

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
HAHA!
At school, an incoming call will show one of two things on CID:
If you are calling a number in the same area code (419), then it comes up as a 'point number' that if called back does not go anywhere.
Otherwise it will just show unavailable. For some time it was showing just 419 on my cellphone, I talked to the telecom guys and they were not sure why it was doing that.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
BTNs are artificial numbers that are often established as the sent number on a PRI. BTNs are virtual numbers that appear real, but they cannot be dialed. They are just a ten-digit number that links the PRI account to the rest of the local POTS account database for simplicity in searching for information via the telco's business office people. Customers can request that the account's main number be sent instead, but many customers never even think about making such a request.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
The university's number can be dialed. When you call, the message says 'this is the university's switch identification number and does not go to an actual person'
I stand corrected from before, each switch has its own BTN...there are 8 switch rooms across campus.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,873
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,739 Shoretel
189,807 CTX100 install
187,941 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024