Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#480994 06/07/08 03:19 AM
OP Offline
Hello All,
I have a Hayes 1200 baud modem and the compass software. Trying to do the (so called direct connect) using the modem,phone cord(tied to tip and ring), and the compass software. When I try to connect I get an error code 4 on the compass. I don't know how the dip switched are to be set on the modem. Is the a special AT string needed? Thanks for your help.
Dave

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#480995 06/07/08 11:40 AM
Welcome to the board Dave. welcome

I've never actually connected via the direct connect method but if memory serves me correctly you don't need a modem at all but you will need a special cable to go from the serial port on the pc to the panel.

You can order one from your supplier (such as ADI) or call Ademco tech support to get the pin out and make your own.

If your pc does not have serial ports the only thing I can recommend would be to call tech support to see if any adapters will work.

#480996 06/07/08 03:50 PM
OP Offline
Hey Bobby,
Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have given more info. I have the Ademco 4100SM mod. But it only works with some panels. I have a first alert FA148cp. I found a page on-line that said if you have a Hayes modem,phone cord and compass software, one can connect with the telco option. I can see data sent out and received. Then it comes back with error code 4. I'm all most sure it's something to do with dip switches on modem or the AT string. If you run across anyone that might know about this, please let me know.
Thanks again
Dave

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,833
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,588 Shoretel
189,473 CTX100 install
187,623 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, dans), 163 guests, and 342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024