web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Just a guess, but I don't think it has anything to do with the KSU or cards; the only question is do your CO lines support rotary and DTMF? If so, mix and match away, you'll have no issues.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Matt1964: Great, thanks. How about in regard to intercom?

Mark
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
The line cards don't care. You need CO Lines that will support either. The 551B only supports a manual intercom internally (no dialing). If you add an external intercom then you can add a "C" style unit, it'll handle tone & rotary.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
Sam: re external intercom "C" style unit, you mean something like a Melco KC-10X? See link:

https://www.reddialtone.com/images/melco_kc_10x.jpg

Mark
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Originally posted by mphil:
Sam: re external intercom "C" style unit, you mean something like a Melco KC-10X? See link:

https://www.reddialtone.com/images/melco_kc_10x.jpg
That's it. Besides Melco, Teltone and a couple of other folks made them, they worked fine. I still have one working in the house and use it every day.

You could also get a 207C (9 station rotary selector Intercom), a 216 (9 station expander) and a 247 unit. Wire them together and you'd get the same result as the Melco. (The first two were wire spring relay units and the third was PCBs). I don't think I've seen one of them in 30 years.

Sam

I am now the proud owner of a Melcom KC-10X intercom unit but I cannot locate a practice or manual for it (other than what's printed on the case itself). A push in the right direction would be appreciated. For example, the intercom has an AMP connector on the side which I presume should be connected to a block. My best guess is to use a 66B type block; does that sound right? As for the power requirements:
Connect A BAT and A GRD to 24V filtered power supply.
Connect B BAT and B GRD to 24V nonfiltered power supply.
I recently purchased an old 551A KSU and will be hooking everything up over the next month or so for a home system:
[Linked Image from phase2.us]

Will the KSU supply the needed power for the external intercom unit? I'm new at this; please spoon feed slowly.

Thanks, all.

Mark

Mark
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Originally posted by mphil:
I am now the proud owner of a Melcom KC-10X intercom unit but I cannot locate a practice or manual for it (other than what's printed on the case itself). A push in the right direction would be appreciated. For example, the intercom has an AMP connector on the side which I presume should be connected to a block. My best guess is to use a 66B type block; does that sound right? As for the power requirements:
Connect A BAT and A GRD to 24V filtered power supply.
Connect B BAT and B GRD to 24V nonfiltered power supply.
I recently purchased an old 551A KSU and will be hooking everything up over the next month or so for a home system:
[Linked Image from phase2.us]

Will the KSU supply the needed power for the external intercom unit? I'm new at this; please spoon feed slowly.

Thanks, all.

Mark
Mark -

So far you're on the money. There must have been practices for the units, but I don't have one, maybe someone else does, but they're really not that important. Plug in a cable, cut it down on a block, connect the appropriate power leads and then connect each station to Tip, RIng, Lamp, Lamp Ground and the appropriate signal leads.

A 66B block is perfect. That'll give you 5 connections for Tip, Ring & Lamp. If space is at a premium, you could also use a 66M block and then loop the T,R, L, & LG connections and multiple them on the other side of the block (that would actually give you 12 connections).

Yes, the KSU power supply has enough "oomph" to power the Intercom, and yes, A Battery is the Filtered and B Battery is unfiltered.

You could have the intercom signal with any voltage you like - 10V AC (blue wire buzzers), 18V AC (white wire buzzers), 110V AC (the ringers in the phone) or even 24VDC (Flat DC buzzers).

You're doing fine so far. Hang in there and ask away.

Sam

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
To add: The AB/AG and BB/BG connections are available on the lower right-hand corner of the block in the KSU specifically for this purpose. You can also use the LB/LG output for your +/- 10VAC audible (buzzer) supply. Just be careful to maintain proper polarity or you'll be blowing fuses.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I never thought I'd see the day that the 551a would be so popular again!

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
I thought this thread belonged in the computer forum for a minute! "basic questions" smile

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,810
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,377 Shoretel
189,077 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Carl Navarro, nortelvoip, Touch Tone Tommy, Toner), 123 guests, and 412 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024