web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Mysterious dragging anchors or landslides, doesn't matter. Isn't it funny how we ALL hate getting "customer service" from India, yet so many companies keep shoving it down our throats. You would think these guys would figure it out. Why make all your customers mad?

Candor - Intelligence - Good Will
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Whenever I call customer service, or they call me, I say, "Please transfer me to someone whose primary language is ENGLISH". IT WORKS! Possibly they know I'm a stubborn old .... that doesn't believe in being PC. Last company was MCI, who just couldn't get it through their head that they had P O'd us 10 years ago and we would never use them again. That after using them from early 80's til late 90's. Yes, they screwed us and would not correct the error. $12 has cost them $1000! Anyhow, when I demanded and got an address to send my bill to for the time I wasted messing with them, they quit slamming me bimonthly. I digress, Truly, demand a rep whose primary language is English and keep name, employee number, and time notes! It seems to scare them when you ask for an employee number! Maybe I've got too much time on my hands! smile John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Originally posted by richardmorris:
Mysterious dragging anchors or landslides, doesn't matter. Isn't it funny how we ALL hate getting "customer service" from India, yet so many companies keep shoving it down our throats. You would think these guys would figure it out. Why make all your customers mad?
It's more cost effective to have angry customers, with cheap foreign labor... than happy customers, with domestic labor, contribution to the US economy and god forbid a union.

Regardless, it is funny how our focus went to customer support instead of the topic of the thread.

de-railed by public opinion. smile

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
Ok, just for Tony. When I was in the USAF, I spent a year at Thule, Greenland AFB. We had a submarine cable that terminated in Deer Lake Newfoundland. I worked in the Thule Cablehead. There are actually 2 cables, transmit and receive.
The only 2 things that got our cables were icebergs and fishing nets. Remember the ocean floor is not flat, the 'bergs' come up against a ridge and will 'ride' alongside the ridge until the water gets deeper or the ridge 'fades away'. If they happen to hit a ridge where a cable is, SQUISH. Fishing nets from trawlers get tangled up with the cable, hoisted up to the boat, and the cable gets chopped off with an axe or a saw! Considering that there was a total potential difference of 2800 volts DC from end to end, I'll bet that caused some serious blue flame arcs!
Construction of submarine cable is co-axial, with multiple layers of polyethylene, lead, carbon steel wire, and tarred burlap. DEEP water cable typically has a center conductor about 3/8" inch diameter, an inch or so of polyethylene, spirally wound copper tape for the outer conductor about 1/8th X 3/8ths of an inch in size. Then another layer of poly, a layer of tarred burlap, then a layer of lead sheathing. That's for VERY deep cable. As it gets into shallower water, multiple layers of spirally wound carbon steel wire, between 1/4 and 1 inch in diameter, depending on how big the cable is getting from multiple layers of protection.
We had a 2 foot section of shoreline cable that had been sectioned to show every layer. This thing was about 10 inches in diameter, and even though all the layers had been partially removed, the thing weighed about 90 pounds! John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Updated story here.

And now they're fiber instead of copper! But I'll bet they have a copper pair running the length of the fiber cable to power the amps! John C. (Not Garand)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,635 Shoretel
189,520 CTX100 install
187,780 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024