Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
The fact that the clapper pulls over when connected means that you are getting very close. We now know that the ringer coil is good and it appears that the capacitor is either bad or not wired into the circuit. Check to see that the slate and slate/red wires from the ringer coil are connected to terminals A and K on the network respectively.

Without the capacitor to provide DC isolation, your ringer coil is basically placing a short across the line.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
This is where I am right now:

[Linked Image from img251.imagevenue.com]

It will ring once, and then nothing more, however my cell phone says the call is "connected" (which explains the stoppage of ringing I guess!).

So close... so close......

OP Offline
Originally posted by justbill:
1 you will fry it because it's 20hz

2 no

3 on older phone at the connecting block, not in the phones, put the yellow and green together, this should resolve your ringing problem. Assuming all the network wiring is where it was originally. If you do this in the phone, move the bell lead to the incoming green lead.
I have the yellow and green together already at the line, not inside the phone. By "bell lead", do you mean the red wire going to the ringer? I really apologize for not asking the right questions with the right terms.

OP Offline
WOO HOOOO!! It works now! I moved the slate/red wire over to "K" and it works. That's not what the schematic showed, so I would have never guessed it. Thank you for that tip.

Now, (panting), back to the answering machine!!

OP Offline
Originally posted by Lightninghorse:
Like Ed said.
If the line is interrupted with the unit turned on, it probably is stuck in some on line process. With the phone connected to T1 and R1, and the phone line connected to T-G and R, and the unit turned off/unplugged, do you get the phone line, yes or no? If yes, when you plug the unit into AC with the unit turned off, do you still get the phone line, yes or no? If yes, when you turn the unit on, do you lose the phone line, yes or no.
NOW for the BIG question, when you hook up the unit to the phone line, do ANY of the tests seem to completely kill the phone line? For this test, use a phone connected to the same jack as the unit.
And like ED, I wish I had it in front of me, this one is NOT going to be fun to troubleshoot over the internet. Any chance you could tell us what the knobs are labeled and what the labels are on multi-position switches are? John C.
OK, I did the tests you suggested, and here are the results:
With the unit unplugged, the phone does all functions.
With the unit plugged in, the phone does all functions.
With the switch turned on, it kills the phone completely. No incoming or outgoing anything.

The machine will still let me record and playback a greeting through the phone, but nothing more.

Where is the next place I need to turn my attention?

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Now that it have it operational you probably need a Users Guide?

Western Electric 1-BA Users Guide

I bet you had a BLAST!

Dean

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
I'm working on getting you the BSP for it. Stay tuned.

What is the complete model number of the 500-type set that's with it?

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

OP Offline
Dean:
Thank you, but I already found that link in my hair-pulling quest for answers. You had me pretty excited for a minute, though!

Arthur:
Thank you for searching for the BSP for me. What is a BSP??

On the back of the attached phone, it says L/M, 500, and 8-59. Those are the only markings anywhere on the phone.

Originally posted by dharrell:
Dean:

Arthur:
Thank you for searching for the BSP for me. What is a BSP??

The bible of the Bell System. Every piece of equipment and proceedure every used documented in the Bell System Pratices. Arthur is going to get the the instructions for installing the 1-AB.

Retired phone dude
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
"With the switch turned on, it kills the phone completely. No incoming or outgoing anything.

But can another phone, connected directly to the line, still make and answer calls? If so, then it's quite possible that you are not supposed to be able to use the phone. That would prevent you from answering/interrupting the line when the macine is supposed to do it. Phone companies used to try to make stuff fool-proof to use and sometimes went the proverbial 'mile too far'. John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Touch Tone Tommy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,873
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,738 Shoretel
189,804 CTX100 install
187,940 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 95 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024