web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Chris A Offline OP
OP Offline
So I have a friend whose business inherited one of these Allworx systems. This system was configured as the router/firewall etc. I removed these settings and put this device behind a firewall with is doing a Point to Point VPN with another location. The Allworx server now sits on the LAN and only performs actions for the phone system. Everything is working but the users are not getting emails of their voicemails anymore. I looked through the installer guide but I am still confused as I cannot get this working. My guess is the server acts as a POP server to deliver the emails? Correct me if I am wrong.

The system type is:

Model: Allworx 10x
Software Version: 6.8.0.42, Jan 10 2008, 12:44:00
Client Communication Version: 3.2.0.0

We would be okay with them just being to access these voice mails on the LAN, not to worried about access from the WAN as they all have VPN clients they use to access the LAN.

I see options for SMTP as well, which is the better practice? Unfortunately they dont have an Exchange server so I am not sure of a SMTP host. I think they were previously configured as POP (which is fine by me)

Not sure of what other information is needed. Thanks in advance!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
It's an older Allworx, now discontinued. I've never worked on one, but look at these topics that discussed e-mail/voicemail in the Allworx.

https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/47/t/000013.html

and

https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/47/t/000033.html

Let us know what happens.

I notice on my system's install checklist (I've got a 6X)--It says "1) Leave incoming WAN email forwarding disabled, unless server is within firewall!" in bold letters. Does the 10X have a installation check list? My system is set up in NAT/Firewall DMZ mode and my WAN forwarding is disabled.

Also, I'm thinking that you haven't changed any of the Aliases. They should be the same as they were before you changed the mode.

Chris A Offline OP
OP Offline
one of those posts doesnt really discuss much with my issue. The second one I read through but didnt help much, thanks though!

As for the checklist where do I find that at?

Also do I need to setup SMTP? Or is POP sufficient?

Set 10X to Lan host mode in network config.
Point mail client to LAN IP of 10x and use POP or IMAP protocol on mail client.

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,312
Posts638,910
Members49,772
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,055 Shoretel
190,273 CTX100 install
188,535 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
jsaad 6
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (4thright, Toner), 195 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024