Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#526193 04/16/08 04:07 AM
jconant Offline OP
OP Offline
I have taken over a site that has SIP trunks into a Cisco with 7940 phones (qty 14) and a 7960. It's not a very complicated setup but I am in over my head with a few items.

The issues are:

1) Adjusting the MOH file to have a lower gain. I can edit .AU and .WAV files and come up with some thing but I don't know the access to upload the file.
2) I deleted a phone from the system and can't seem to get it back onto the system. I get to the point of adding the MAC address and then get an ambiguous error message. I think the other issue is I go to look at a phone and the pop up window says LOADING but hangs forever.
3) I need to switch extensions for a user at the reception phone 1008 (7960) and a cubicle 1011 (7940) and am not sure of best method.
4) I need to program DSS (soft) buttons on the 7960 phone.

I have been a phone guy for sometime, I do Nortel Norstar and BCM. I have also been supporting computer networks since 1990. So I am conceptually familiar with the technology and am hoping to get an assist on this.

The client purchased all his stuff from a remote vendor / service company and is not pleased with them. He is getting the passwords for the Cisco router at this moment from them.

When I look at the system info it looks like the CME release is 2.3 (which doesn't make sense). i may be looking at the wrong #. The system is a little over 3 years old.

CUT FROM SYSTEM>>>>>Cisco CallManager Express
OS Description Cisco Internetwork Operating System Cisco IOS (tm) C2800NM
Cisco IOS Software C2800NM-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M
Software Version 12.4(6)T2 / CME 3.4(0)
Feature Package IP|FIREWALL|VOICE|PLUS|SSH|3DES
GUI Version 4.0.0.0 (Compatible with IOS 12.4XC)
CUT FROM SYSTEM<<<<<<<

Can any one assist or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,Jon Conant

--------------------
Systems>Process>Service>Success

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

1. You have to edit the volume of the wav or au file with a program like adobe audition or cool edit pro. Either eject the compact disk card or tftp the file off of the router and adjust the amplitude of the sound file. This file name is specified in the telephony-service part of the config with moh right before it. (do a "sh run | b moh")

2. I need more information. DO "sh ephone" command and send it to me

3. There are two parts to setting up a phone in CME there is the "ephone" and the "ephone-dn"

Here is the syntax -

ephone-dn 5
number 2001
pickup-group 1
label Ext 2001
!
!
ephone 1
mac-address 0001.1234.fce2
type 7960
button 1:5
pin 123245

The "button 1:5" is the hook that says on button 1 of this 7960 phone, associate that with ephone-dn 5 (ext. 2001). You could instead say "button 6:5" and that would associate ephone-dn with button 6 on the phone. Pretty simple really.

4. If you understood the last point you will have no problem with this since it is the same. Each button is programmed independently so I go to the ephone that has the 7960 and look at the line that has button in it. I look for an unused button and I use the same syntax "button 1:5 2m6 3m10 4m5 5m11 6m15" command. The "m" monitors the status of an ephone-dn. This function is not exactly like a KIM/CAP on a Norstar but is "Cisco's" version of it. You will get full BLF functionality.

As far as the passwords go I could password break the router in just a couple of minutes (less then 5). I do not want to post this on a public forum but feel free to PM me. Do a sh telephony-service command for system version etc.

jconant Offline OP
OP Offline
Gcave,

You are kind. Will be back at client in a week and will work on this. Thank you.

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,903 Shoretel
189,993 CTX100 install
188,222 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 51 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024