web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Dave, Yes, the console is working through the same cable. But, so are the other 4 in the same building and they are not having this issue. I know it is possible that it could be a wiring issue. The next time I go I will look and see if there is another jack close that I can use. I will update as I try stuff.

Scotty Woods
Installation Technician
N.E.T. Systems
Blytheville, Arkansas
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
I bring up the cable idea because my location has 14 DSS units (Yes, I know its crazy). About 5 of them began acting up after a couple of months. The whole install is Cat 6 so I moved the problem DSS units from the wh/grn (tight twist) to the Wh/brn (lesser twist) and all but one location have since behaved themselves. I'm thinking the rate of the twist along with specific distances are corrupting the data. Somewhat like an antenna length for lack of a better explanation.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

OP Offline
Hmmm, Makes sense to me. I will try that on my location. I am also using the wh/gn.

Scotty Woods
Installation Technician
N.E.T. Systems
Blytheville, Arkansas
I have a new SBX running v3.5e with 2 24 button phones and a DSS on each. This is a brand new building with separate CAT5 cable runs for the phone and DSS. the cable runs to each DSS location are in excess of 100'. The problem I have noticed is when you unplug either the phone or the DSS and plug it back in, it looses it's Associatiion. PCAdmin shows it is still programmed. Re-associating the phone to the DSS AND re-programming the keys gets it working again. I have a Customer Care case open with Vertical Tech Support but have not heard from them.

Telephone Tech2 - Thanks for the comment. This is getting interesting. Especially because you have a separate cable for the DSS! I haven't seen any of my customer's phones losing it by being unplugged but there may be something related here - Phones continue to work but a DSS unit quits!

- Dave S. -

OP Offline
I don't know if you guys are doing this or not, but on mine, the console still lights up when the stations are on the phone, but when you push the button, it is like it is not programmed. You don't know that it is not working until you try to call someone. Unfortunately the one that is giving me trouble is the back up receptionist.

Scotty Woods
Installation Technician
N.E.T. Systems
Blytheville, Arkansas
Scotty, That is exactly how the DSS buttons behave on my customer site too.

- Dave S. -

I can confirm what Dave and Scotty said. LED's light on the DSS but the keys are useless until you re-Associate. I created a Customer Care case with Vertical. Because they cannot duplicate this problem at Vertical they want me to default the system and reload pieces of the database to see where the failure occurs when it is broke. Like I am going to put my customer through that. It seems there are enough of us that have seen this problem that they should be able to duplicate it! Thanks for the input guys. It helps knowing you're not the only one out here with the problem.

CMM Offline
I wonder if they are using only a single DSS console or multiple. Each of you has at least 2 consoles installed...not saying it's common practice, but I don't think they test the proper scenario all the time.

I'm assuming that you uploaded a copy of your database to the ticket so they could put it through the tests?

I think we may have two DSS consoles installed total out of our SBX customer base, but I'm curious about this issue as well in case it crops up at some point.

Chris
NECOM Solutions powered by Internet and Telephone, LLC
Comdial, Vertical, NEC DSX/SL1100, Avaya IP Office
they want me to default the system and reload pieces of the database to see where the failure occurs when it is broke.

Loading a partial program and then waiting to see if there is a failure? Come on. My customer went months after the last hiccup until this episode.

But we can't turn this thread into any Vertical bashing. The SBX is a powerful little system that I am glad to be able to sell. There just happens to be some little gremlin running around in it that is good at hiding.

- Dave S. -

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,624 Shoretel
189,515 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024