web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We are now using "Call Forward No Answer" to forward calls to cell phones for all of our salespeople. When someone in the office tries to call them, the Caller ID information is passed to their cell phone. When an outside call is forwarded, no Caller ID information is given. How can we pass this information along with the call? We are using Inter-tel version 5.3.

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I don't know inter-tel, but I am not aware of any phone system that is capable of doing this.

If you are no asnwer forwarding, the system is either accessing a second line or using hookswitch (3 way calling) to dial the cell phone of the sales-rep. In either case the only difference is whether you're using a providers service (3 way calling) or a second line to dial to the cell phone and then conferencing the 2 calls via your system. There is no way (that I am aware of) to pass co line info from the telco from one line to another.

The closest thing I know of is supervised forwarding where the caller has to anounce themselves and then this is forwarded to the cell phone and the sales rep will know who is calling. I don't know if inter-tel can do this.

The reason the caller ID is passed when somone from the office calls is because it's a direct call on a single co.

As stated above, your sales reps should be receiving caller ID from your office switch. As if someone from office was calling sales rep's cell phone. It is your only choice. Might be better to set up remote notification, let the caller leave a message and have phone system call sales rep to play message. And sales rep can then call the customer back.

------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications

Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications
Maybe I should start a new thread to ask this question, but Corwyn mentioned doing a CO hookflash to transfer a call. I am now doing that on my personal Axxess system to transfer calls to cell phones via call transfer disconnect through the phone company so 2 of my trunks aren't tied up for the duration of the cell phone call.

I'm accomplishing this perepherially. Is anyone aware of a way to make this happen from inside the Axxess so it's integrated? What I have now works fine, but it's a little slower than I'd like. I can't imagine there is a way to do it but it never hurts to ask :>)

------------------
[Linked Image from tracecarpenter.com] There are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary & those who don't.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,308
Posts638,902
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,027 Shoretel
190,215 CTX100 install
188,385 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, Carl Navarro, nonameyet), 127 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024