web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Originally Posted by Wellco
The reason we have a forum like this is so that we can share info to help endusers like yourself with common problems..i.e: How do I add a button? or check a line? Not how to I blow my dealer out the door ?...bob...

I just joined this forum because my dealer decided to blow me out the door. I have the password and have been forced to learn how to use the 6x programming because my dealer refused to take responsibility to fix issues they caused. They instead blamed everything but themselves. When we found the problem on our own, they partially fixed it but offered no apology. They had two minor issues left to fix before I would pay them another invoice. It was only $200 but I figured if I paid, they would abandon me. They elected to blow me off anyway on not fix their mistakes. We ended up fixing those errors on our own too which was a simple requirement of using same case typing in two areas in the system (again an error they made).

Anyway, I guess I am saying that having an authorized dealer is no guarantee of proper service. Allworx only uses third party dealers, so finding my next one is probably a crap shot too.

It is a great system, good buying experience, but poor after sale experience.

Giddy

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Please fill out your profile so everyone knows a bit about who they're listening/talking to.

Have you been in contact with Allworx?

Originally Posted by JWRacedog
Please fill out your profile so everyone knows a bit about who they're listening/talking to.

Have you been in contact with Allworx?

I filled in more of my profile, but don't see how the information requested will tell you much about me.

I did send a note to Allworx to tell them I had been cut off by the company that sold me the system. They sent me a contact at the Canadian distributor who could then put me in contact with a Canadian partner. To be honest, I was disappointed that they had no curiosity as to why I was displaced and by whom that I did not contact the distributor yet.

We have since fixed the problems ourselves that we were left with. We have figured out how to add extensions, make soft phone extensions, etc on our own. I am thinking we will be charged something on the initial service, so I might as well wait until something comes up that we cannot figure out ourselves.

I have been looking for a forum that is more dedicated to endusers and this one seems to be the closest to that I have found.

Admin
Admin
"I filled in more of my profile, but don't see how the information requested will tell you much about me."

Simple. We do this for a living and realize that different regions have different software and hardware packages. Unless we know what continent you are on we cant give good info applicable to your PBX.

Also you are looking at this problem from a dissatisfied enduser perspective not as a dealer or manufacturer. I don't know what problems you may have had with your dealer but in my 30 years of telecommunications there are very few reasons a dealer would cut someone off- unpaid invoices being the primary reason. You have already indicated that is an issue...most manufacturers that receive a dealer complaint will contact the dealer to see what their side of the story is and if there are unpaid invoices then the enduser is advised to work the problem out with their installing dealer as they aren't in the business of cutting dealers out of receivables due. A lot of us here are business owners and have many years of providing sales and service...a series of posts that start of with my dealer fired me and we have unpaid invoices raises concerns.

[Linked Image]
At least now, I know where you are. I'll PM some names and numbers to you. PM sent.

Also---it's important to have a good relationship with a dealer. They are the ones that can upgrade your system, get you parts, etc, and support you either by phone or by remote programming. I have a lot of customers who I have trained to do a lot of their own programming. We work hand in hand with quite a few IT companies, also---who manage the network that the Allworx is on. It's not a smart thing for anyone to try to "go it alone". JMHO

Last edited by JWRacedog; 01/06/13 11:54 PM.
Thanks for the responses and for the messages. I will reply to the messages over the next few days as I have been very busy.

Of course this was about a non payment of an invoice. I started a lengthy post of what happened, but it was not going to do any good. Let's say that I was charged $500 for something that was botched and another $200 for their unsuccessful effort to correct. They kept pointing fingers at everyone but them for the issues. We got it partially fixed only after I proved to them the fault was with them. I was holding back the remaining $200 until the final issues were resolved which were very small. They eventually admitted they could not fix the problems and terminated their service to us.

After termination, we went back into the Allworx ourselves and discovered the mistake that they made. We corrected the mistakes and the final issues were gone. I then wrote them a note saying I would not pay the $200 invoice and they replied by wishing me well.

So, yes this is about not paying an invoice. If I decide to find a new Dealer I will let them know the full version of what happened. I believe I have more than enough reason to justify not paying the final invoice. I actually paid the $500 invoice because I didn't want this to be over real money, but money was the only thing this dealer cared about. He sure did not care about interruptions to my business or other expenses we incurred that were caused by their workmanship.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,716 Shoretel
189,755 CTX100 install
187,918 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (KRRath), 142 guests, and 342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024