Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I'm a bit of a beginner...

I recently ordered and received a DSL kit via Earthlink. I have a Comdial Exectutech system here at my shop. How do I set-up a DSL modem (on the main phone number) with this system?

Please help. I've been stuck with dial-up since ....................

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

How are you trying to configure it? The DSL runs on the first pair of wires and you use a splitter to split the CO Line off. One line out of the splitter will plug into your DSL modem and the other will plug into your Comdial system. Then from the DSL modem a CAT5 cable will connect directly to the Network card on a PC, a firewall or a hub. Firewall preferred and then into hub or PC. You should have received instructions with your kit for hooking up to computer. If not you might have to call Earthlink to get it setup correctly with their system.
I hope this is what you were looking for-if not let me know.

[This message has been edited by SunDevil (edited October 22, 2002).]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I believe I understand. I must now clarify my problem. I need to try to identify the pair of telco wires coming in from a ?punchblock?.....once I find them, I believe I can split the pair, filtering the one going to the Comdial system. Am I on the right track? Is there any method to the madness when it comes to the color-coding scheme for the pairs? I was thinking of taking a standard handset, and testing random pairs to find the right line (dialing out to my cell phone w/ callID to get the right one)........once I get that , I think I can get along.......

tommy K.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SunDevil:
How are you trying to configure it? The DSL runs on the first pair of wires and you use a splitter to split the CO Line off. One line out of the splitter will plug into your DSL modem and the other will plug into your Comdial system. Then from the DSL modem a CAT5 cable will connect directly to the Network card on a PC, a firewall or a hub. Firewall preferred and then into hub or PC. You should have received instructions with your kit for hooking up to computer. If not you might have to call Earthlink to get it setup correctly with their system.
I hope this is what you were looking for-if not let me know.

[This message has been edited by SunDevil (edited October 22, 2002).]
</font>

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Your DSL should come in on one of your local lines (whatever your local provider said) then you simlpy run it to your DSL modem, on the back of the modem you should see a plug for tne DSL line to plug into and a plug for the analog line to come out , run it back to your system and put a filter on it before it goes back into the system.Then you can do as SunDevil posted for the network.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
If it is punched down to a block then it should be the pair colored White/Blue - Blue/White. That should be your first pair but the Telco can run it across any line they want-check with them to see what line they have it on. It may take some detective work to track the correct one down if you don't have them marked.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,593 Shoretel
189,478 CTX100 install
187,628 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 126 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024