Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Think your find caller id don't work in uk on compact 2 unless its isdn2e

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

gladmo2
Unregistered
gladmo2
Unregistered
I checked MMC 312 and 119 and Caller ID is both enabled and set to display the number first. It was set to that as default, so I have not changed it.
As for MMC 414, excuse my ignorance but I don't understand what that one does. The programming manual I am reading says the default is none, however all the trunks are set to MPD. I have not changed it, as I would like to find out more first (and to make sure I am even in the right place!)
The programming manual I am reading says PRS is not available in the UK.
Any ideas?
Thanks for all your help!

cli does not work on analoge trunks in uk using compact 2

In the UK 414 is PRS/MPD selection, 425 is CID trunks - however the CID format used in the UK wasn't supported on old systems (Compact II, DCS816, etc.), it wasn't even supported on the current Officeserv systems until v4.30 firmware.

As the trunk card works in the main, but not the expansion, chassis and the system was previously working the most likely cause is a bad/broken connection on the connectors or ribbon cable between the two chassis.

gladmo2
Unregistered
gladmo2
Unregistered
Damn! Do you know of any firmware upgrades for it? Or is there possibly some sort of converter box to make it supported?

As for the expansion cabinet, the plan was I was going to remove it once I got it working anyway! Worked out quite nicely smile

Only thing you can do is change analoge lines to istn 2
and change the line card

gladmo2
Unregistered
gladmo2
Unregistered
I am actually using a Cisco SIP Gateway with two of my lines, I found in the regional tab that I can change the caller ID method.
By default, it is set to Bellcore. I haven't actually checked that line to see if caller ID works, but can anyone tell me what types of caller ID the DCS Compact II will work with?
Thanks again for everyone's help! smile
https://imgur.com/oG9Ppxb

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
The compact 2 we have (Sold as a DCS70) required 2 things for CID on PSTN lines.

1 - Misc card (Doesn't matter whether it's a MISC1 or MISC2 card)
2 - A 6trk card from the DCS816 (AKA DCS24/DX816/DX616 here), the 3trk and 6trk cards for the comapact 2 don't support CID, whereas the 4trk and 6trk from the 816 do.

The 6trk from the 816 has 6trk cid on 1 of the white tabs, whereas the compact 2 card just says 6trk
Can't remember if this card was supported by all versions of software or not (I know 6.33 and higher definitely support it)

Our CID is ETSI FSK if that is an option on your sip ATA

gladmo2
Unregistered
gladmo2
Unregistered
Sorted! laugh
Set the SIP Gateway to ETSI FSK and caller ID works perfectly!!
Thank you to everyone who replied and helped me get this working!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,396 Shoretel
189,121 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (dwflood, justbill), 118 guests, and 430 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024