Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
gjdunga Offline OP
OP Offline
First time poster, short time lurker.

Disclaimer: I'm not a Mitel tech. I'm an IT guy trying to support a motel who got racked by "Bresnan/Optimum/Charter" and apparently an annoyed phone tech who no longer wishes to support ancient hardware.
(Second statement from the motel owner, not me.)

We have a Mitel SX-50, Generic MS50-MR3-00-01.1 With a MCC2 Rev 2.1, and a Generic module date stamped Oct 1988.

It has three ONS-16 loaded in Slots 1,2,3 and a LS/GS in Slot 10.

There are two L/S terminations being fed by a Cisco DPQ3925 Cable Modem listed as TRK 73 & TRK 74 (Channel 1 & 2 on card)
*Long Story below about this setup*

The site has no auto-announce, No VM, No printer, Denys ARS Picc'd and no maid services enabled. They like to keep the console on night (hits ext 120, a cordless phone) and it appears to have TAFAS enabled.

I've replaced the Lithium (Three post) with a FED3B880 3.6v Lithium replacement, but it is smaller, and I do not like how it fits.. (It feels loose) I've got it hooked up to a UPS, but it seems as if every time the power flickers, it loses time & date.

I've attempted to hook a null modem cable to the com port to attempt a dump, but it's being stubborn.

I have the full 4" Programming book with a bunch of changes noted on the CDE's. I also have a full Attendant console guide.

* Long story.
Apparently Bresnan decided they wanted to be competitive, and gave the motel owners a deal they could not refuse. They switched from full pots to the two lines being fed from the Cable modem. (I assume there were LS/GS issues as there were changes noted in the CDE..)

However, In Bresnan's finest rather than providing a third line to do dedicated fax, they ripped out the second trunk and fed it directly to the fax system. They then chose to busy out the trunk from the console, so it seems.

I have put the trunk back in place, cleared the errors, but have piggybacked the fax on the second trunk until I can get some advice and perhaps a kick in right direction.

I would like to try to dump whatever programming is on the system and compare it to the CDE sheets. I'm hesitant to make any changes however until I am able to do a total reset x3 and clear any monkeys out of the closet.

I want to setup TRK 74 to ring Ext 123 directly to let the fax auto answer, but allow the trunk to be used when not in use by the property.

Finally, I need to be able to re-enable the wakeup services, as it appears disabled or the programming has been lost.

Please kick me in the right direction.
Gabriel

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
In your travels, click on My Stuff and edit your profile. At the very least, a location would be helpful. As far as your Mitel problems, edit your profile.

Carl

All of the issues are easy to correct. As far as using a line for incoming/outgoing in the Mitel as well as FAX, the only reasonable way to do that is with a "Stick" from Multi-Link or any similar device that can detect CNG and route it to the FAX yet allow non FAX calls to be routed to the Mitel.

If you have "The Book" then you have all the answers you need to make changes and to dump the system program. Since you are an IT person, I suggest hooking up a computer to the com port and dumping the CDE to the computer. This should be easy for an IT person.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
gjdunga Offline OP
OP Offline
My profile was updated.. Please do not PM me for a date or a candlelit dinner, I am married. blush

The property is in Florence Colorado.

In regards to the data dump, If the setup is a EIA232 standard RS-232, then something is not right, because it's not DCE when I request a data dump. Baud rates from 300-14440 were attempted all at 8-N-1 No Flow Control. I am using a full 25 to 9 pin Null modem cable. I've also tried the Cable that with the box directly, with no joy.

Secondly, I was under the apparently incorrect assumption that one could simply program the trunk to be answered by the fax extension (DID), and when not in use other patrons could use the trunk. We don't care if the fax system has to dial 9 to make calls. The Second Number is not published, and Bresnan is suppressing it's CID. Bresnan Deny's having the numbers in a hunt group, and I highly doubt there is a Hunt group enabled in the pbx. They are all ringing to the console or the night extension and being transferred. (Very small property).

I digress, as this is why I am asking here for advice.

I don't want to make a bad situation worse. That battery has me bugged!

I'm not as "confident" with this, as I am with a linux box.

Sure I could setup an trixbox, and a set of digium analog cards, and provision some lines from Flow-route and go to town.

I don't think it's needed. I think the PBX can be salvaged, and do what they need it to do, and save some money in the process.

I do not think the property owner is lying to me about the previous service tech, I've seen the bills. I don't even charge that much.. I'd never get business that way.. Call me a softy for old equipment.

Kindly Kick me in the right way, Gently.

Gabriel

Last edited by gjdunga; 07/25/13 12:45 PM.
gjdunga Offline OP
OP Offline
UPDATE:

I bought a new Null Modem cable, and was able to get some noise, so I looked in the bible and changed:

Command 100 REG 16 was set to 16000800
Changed to 16080811

Using putty, I got my backup!

https://pastebin.com/AF5SBQ3W

gjdunga Offline OP
OP Offline
Bueller..... Bueller......Bueller..... Anyone?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,677 Shoretel
189,669 CTX100 install
187,873 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 150 guests, and 325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024