web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#55748 12/03/06 08:12 AM
So is the echo settings under IP related station to control the echo in the network between the IPRC and endpoints and the setting under backplain for echo between the IPRC and CPC?
Close enough. Not the CPC directly but the IP to TDM conversion.

Will changing the trunks to short make any changes to the regular digital handset or sla's?
It will, but I'll bet you won't notice it. You won't be creating service calls by doing this.

60% of the time it works every time
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#55749 12/04/06 02:34 AM
DeWayne Offline OP
OP Offline
I changed all trunks to short. I can't say I noticed any difference in echo. I then started changing the attenuation level. I had to adjust it -15 before the echo got better. I also have to turn on the echo suppression to 30% to make things better at the begining of the call. However doing that gives me a half duplex sounding conversation for a short period of time.

Should I have to adjust the attenuation to -15 to have a decent call? Is that possibly pointing to some other problem?

I really do appreciate all the help!!

#55750 12/04/06 08:49 AM
-15 is outrageous. I've not gone beyond -6 even during testing. How close to the CO are you? Is this a channel bank?

Something isn't right.

60% of the time it works every time
#55751 12/05/06 12:19 AM
DeWayne Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm not for sure but the building where I think our Central Office for Bell South is, is about 1.5 to 2 miles down the road. Not sure what you mean by channel bank. All we have coming into the building is a bundle of copper. The wiring job at the punch down board seems suspect to me. I'll take a picture of it and send it to you. Maybe it's normal. Just looks sloppy to me.

I do know that the digital sets in the main building are very loud, volume wise. However they don't have any echo or issues like that.

I agree something isn't right. Everytime I've called Inter-tel out they blame it on the internet connection. But from what I gather here, if the IC calls are very good then it's not the internet connection.

#55752 12/14/06 09:07 AM
We had some volume issues on a Comdial DXP system that turned out to be from cross connects between all the 66 blocks between the Verizon demarc and the PBX block.

Once we moved from Verizon to AT&T, the POTS lines were replaced by a T1 and a channel bank terminating to a 66 block. So we eliminated all the blocks in between (ranging from 2 to 4...yeah, I still don't know why they thought it a good idea).

I'm sure the fresh punch downs didn't hurt but it always seems that the more terminations between nodes, the more problems surface.

A channel bank, as I understand it, takes a digital (T1) circuit and splits it into what look like analog (POTS) lines.

In the case of a previous employer, our T1 came in to the channel bank and out to a 66 block which we then cross connected some to our PBX and some directly to jacks for faxes, modems, IST phones, etc.

If you don't have T1 service, you probably don't have a channel bank.

#55753 01/24/07 01:47 AM
DeWayne Offline OP
OP Offline
I have been using the IP phones for a while now with the back/plain set to -13 and trunks set to short. The echo is gone and call quality has improved alot.

The problem now is that callers somtimes have a hard time hearing me. I read in another post that someone thought there CO lines were to hot and causing DTMF problems which made me think about my problem again.

Can the telco adjust the CO line volume lower so that I can set the back/plain to a more normal setting allowing callers to hear me better while keeping echo out?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,622 Shoretel
189,510 CTX100 install
187,771 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024