web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello,

We have a NEC DS2000 Phone systems. Analog line assigned to a ring group under 0511 (pg. 279 of DS 2000 SW Manual 3.2x.00) do not ring when the group is activated.

Any idea what I can do?

Thanks in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You mean CO line or Analog Station will not ring.

OP Offline
Hi brokeda, thanks for the reply.

Do not think its an issue with the CO line; this relates to external trunk lines, is that correct?

Analog Station will not ring as part of ring group (e.g. "601" dialed from either internal ICM or directed from outside line.

Works fine with direct dialed extension numbers.

I thought the ring groups were set in the Stion Option Tab of the GUI (1802 code). Mine are set to "0" for all stations but ring group 601 still works for the Digital lines

OP Offline
Follow up: Look like the analog line will ring if set to the ring group number for group 601 ("2") in 1802 but not if set to "0".

Digital line all seem to ring for 601 when set to Ring Group "0".

Looks like the proper question may be "how do you assign extensions to multiple ring groups?"

I believe some extensions are set to multiple ring groups but I do not see how to do that from the 1802 section.

You cannot. Each station gets one group designation. IIRC, you can create a phantom SLT station and ring that with Call Cover Immediate buttons on the keys of any phones that would be covering that group.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

OP Offline
Thanks Keighlar, went through and set ring groups for all extensions.

Strange thing is the system will ring the proper ring group per the dial action table (8008) in the VM section....

BUT it also dials all other extensions in the building a little off sync from the ring group extensions.

Did a little more test and calling any ring group extension will dial all extensions with a non-zero ring group assignment under Station Option (1802)regardless if it matches the dialed ring group.

Last edited by pchesnut; 10/22/14 12:08 PM.
OP Offline
Solved the problem; three of the ring groups extensions were programmed as caller coverage - ring immediate under Extensions - Function keys setting (1701). Removed it and copied 1701 across to the other extensions and we are good to go!

Did set up a caller coverage - ring delay on several lines to allow user to back up the operator lines.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,802
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024