Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
tim10 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

I have a Vodavi StarPlus Triad XTS. There are 2 cabinets. In one of the cabinets there is a high pitched hissing/squealing sound (audible when you just walk into the phone room) which I think is coming from one of the SLIC cards. If I put my butt set on any of the 12 ports on that SLIC card, I get dial tone but also have the hissing/squealing sound in the call. The other ports on cards nearby don't have this sound.

1) Have you ever heard of this before? What is the cause? Is there something I can do to keep it from happening again?
2) I am assuming I need to swap out the card (defective card). I do not have another SLIC card, but I do have one that provides Caller ID. (This one: https://www.pcliquidations.com/p7662-vodavi-vertical-xts-ldk). Can I drop this in to the system with no other programming, or will I need to change the system programming to recognize the different card? And if so, what "flash codes" should I be looking for? I have the manual but hope you can point me in the right direction. I have swapped SLIC cards without having to change system programming before.

This system is used as an intercom for a school. Each classroom has a standard either 2500D desk or 2554 wall set. There is one trunk, connected to the paging system and one key phone in the main office.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by tim10; 10/28/14 07:14 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Its either a card or possibly the power supply. The code for standard 12 port slt card is 13, and caller id card is 16.Cabinet/card programming in the P&O manual.

Last edited by Derrick; 10/28/14 10:25 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
tim10 Offline OP
OP Offline
Worked perfectly! Thank you! Squealing/hissing is gone in the phone room and in the background of calls!

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,358 Shoretel
189,026 CTX100 install
187,401 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024