web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have an ESI-200 Server with a PRI through Comcast. I recently tried to transfer an outside call (originated as incoming) but received a message from the ESI system "The number you have dialed has been disconnected or is no longer in service...". If I have an outside call that originated from internally, then the same transfer works perfect. Basically, calls that originated internally can be transferred but calls that originated as incoming can not be transferred.

FYI, Trunk to Trunk feature has been set for all extensions.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Steve

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

ESI does not have that message as a prompt. That message came from the telephone company. Obviously, there was something missing or added in the dialing string that does not conform to a valid number.

Do you have ARS or dialing restrictions enabled? To properly troubleshoot this problem, you may need to contact an ESI dealer, near you, to come and monitor the PRI with a Fireberd to see what is being dialed out on the channel when this failure occurs.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
Does the same lady that records ESI's prompts also record for the telephone company? The message I hear and the voice that recorded all ESI's help prompts are the same person.

I may not have been clear in my initial explanation. I can call my cell phone from the ESI and then successfully transfer my cell phone to another outside line. It appears to be a trunk to trunk transfer based on the occupied lines on my phone display (it takes up two lines even though I have hung up the ESI phone. It continues to take two up lines until I end the call from my cell phone)

The above does not work if my cell phone had called ESI phone.

Seems odd to me. I don't know if it worked like this before we recently switched from a traditional PRI to the Comcast PRI.

All I can tell you is that when you press conference, dial 9 (or whatever your line group access code is) the dial tone that you receive means that the PRI has signaled the ESI that it is ready to accept digits. The ESI can't play a prompt after the digits are dialed, so the recording has to come from the carrier.

That being said, you did not answer if you have ARS enabled. Modified digits may be causing the problem. Also, in the extension definition features, make sure toll is checked for the extension.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
OP Offline
Rcaman,

It appears that I got it working. It was a problem on Comcast's end. Turns out that there was some kind of coding for transferring caller ID that was not set up properly. Without that coding, there were certain switches would lose the call. I will say that the tech for Comcast was very helpful and figured it out pretty quickly.

Thanks,
Steve

You should thank that tech. Most techs that work for Comcast are clueless. I had a senior level tech tell me "Well, you know, we aren't a telephone company!"

DUH!

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,855 Shoretel
189,971 CTX100 install
188,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 7
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 108 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024