Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#594647 11/06/15 10:24 AM
OP Offline
Hey,

We would like to configure a officeserv 7200 with a voip service provider. We have an officeserv 7200 set up with a MGI card, however we cant seem to get the officeserv connected correctly via installation tool, which causes a timeout error. We managed to get it connected with officeserv manager but we seem to be missing some settings and we get a "OfficeServ Manager version is lower than MCP version" warning. This then allows us to access configuration for the officeserv but it is very differently laid out to Installation tool and certain MMCs seem to be missing. We are trying to configure the settings for SIP carrier options and am wondering how to fix this?
Also we have read that SIP trunks may require a licence for each trunk? Is this something we will need to purchase to enable SIP functionality on the officeserv?

Any help or ideas would be massively appreciated!

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Yess you need sip licenses and all of the settings are under features....voip...sip carrier options. I would suggest you upgrade the processor so you can at least use the installation tool or you could have problems. I have set these up and if you want to call me I am (989)213-4365. What version is the system?

OP Offline
OK are these licences what we require? https://www.telephonecentral.com/Products/OfficeServ-7200-SIP-Trunk-License-Key__648951.aspx
Will the standard Samsung DS-5014D and DS-5038S be compatible with SIP also? Our version of the MCP 07.02.02 V2.69 how easy is it to update?

Yes. Upgrading is a different matter because you are going from OSM to IT. Yes you can use the digital phones with sip trunks. The only need for voip phones (which are expensive) is for multiple sites or if they want to take a phone home with them.
Upgrading is a matter of downloading files from the Samsung WE-Operations site and putting them on the sd card and saving the database and then reloading it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
You better get in touch with a dealer/tech in your country as you're going to have problems with the licenses and upgrading the MCP as it's discontinued and they no longer issue licenses for systems below v4.3.

*Edit v4.3 was when they switched licensing

Last edited by Genesiscomm; 11/06/15 11:34 AM.
Actually I would recommend upgrading the processor to an MP20 anyway. I can help. I have OS7200s in my inventory. What I do is transfer and upgrade everything in my office and then just swap them out. Are you the IT person for the site or a technician? I am leaving my office. Feel free to call me at the number I gave you I will help you. I am in Michigan. I do remote work.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Originally Posted by Onesource Telecom
Actually I would recommend upgrading the processor to an MP20 anyway. I can help. I have OS7200s in my inventory. What I do is transfer and upgrade everything in my office and then just swap them out. Are you the IT person for the site or a technician? I am leaving my office. Feel free to call me at the number I gave you I will help you. I am in Michigan. I do remote work.
You won't be able to help him (check his country in the profile), they use completely different software than we do.

OP Offline
Im an IT person for the site, can we get away with just using an MPC card for this installation as it is only for a temporary phone server while we wait for ISDN to be installed so do not want to spend lots of money. Also for the licences do we need just officeserv sip licences or do we also need a MGI licence?

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
There is no MGI license for the OS7200.
You require an MGI16 card.

The "OfficeServ Manager version is lower than MCP version" means you aren't running the 2.69 OSM_7200 patch.
This is possibly why you can't see some of the MMC's.

2.69 doesn't require sip trunk licenses, anything higher does though.

I would recommend upgrading the software and getting sip trunk licenses.
You won't get MOH on SIP calls with a MCP card however.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,361 Shoretel
189,038 CTX100 install
187,401 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Yoda, dexman), 126 guests, and 407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024