Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
GeoD Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,

I have a fab shop in Oregon, and am in the parts acquisition phase of converting my shop lights to LED, and adding/converting individual machinery & equipment work lighting to LEDs, as well. My shop is on the same property as my home, so I am also converting my fixture type lighting to LEDs, and adding/converting indoor and outdoor lighting to low voltage, (12v), LEDs.

I'm tryng to re-purpose obsolete, but still technologically adequate, components in as many places as possible, both to keep the cost down and to use up components left over from nearly 20yrs in the computer biz, (14 of which I was a work station and server manufacturer and independent network admin).

One of the components I'm wanting to use is right up the alley of you phone tech pros, not obsolete, but ripe for re-purposing.

What I'm looking for several of the PS/BBU, (power supply/battery backup), units Verizon uses to power their ONT units for their VOIP phone setups, (or something similar.)

I want to use them as power supplies for some LED lighting I'm designing. I like them because they have a 120v AC to 48v DC transformer, which is detachable, and has a decent ampacity, making it useable for other purposes, down the road.

The units output 12v DC, which is an ideal low voltage solution for LED as it allows use of automotive lights, in addition to non-automotive lights, broadly expanding the pool of possible lights to choose from.

The inclusion of the sealed wet cell 12v battery also adds a bonus other than 'power out' lighting. I have plans to begin integrating solar panels, and possibly a small wind turbine for power generation and, in the beginning stages, having the battery already integrated makes getting the solar up and working without needing to build a battery bank for power storage.

Using this unit, I can add a panel, and concentrate on getting everything working, without adding the extra components, and the complexity, (and potential 'issues'), of MORE components. After I get the basic function of lighting and charging working and figured out, I can then go back and build a big battery power bank and be ready for adding panels &/or turbines.

Last, the battery in these units is a motorcycle type/size wet cell, making re-purposing of the battery easier when I build a larger battery bank, later.

I have one of the PS/BBU units already. It is a Delta DBBU-1238. I understand there are several Delta models Verizon has used over the years, unfortunately, I don't have their model numbers.

If any of you guys have one, (or more), of these Delta units kickin' around you'd like to get a few bucks for, please let me know via this forum.

My first choice is the model I have, but if the other models used by Verizon are the same, technologically, I'd be interested in them.

If any other brands are used by Verizon, or other companies, and you think they would work for my project(s) or are comparable, let me know what you have.

Thanks, in advance, for taking to time to read my 'Wanted' Posting, and for taking the time to dig through your left overs box/drawer/pile/store room/building, depending on how far advanced your 'BKIMNIS' (Better Keep It, Might Need It Someday) disease has progressed. LOL

My case has progressed to the point it may well be fatal, especially if I don't get it into remission. It won't be from me being buried in the stuff, fatality will come from my wife killing me!

==========

Other things I'm needing for my lighting upgrade is:

• Coax fittings, threaded from cable TV or BNC from early networking. Will consider pretty much anything other than coax cable, (I have a lot of cable, already).

• Coax A-B switches, especially the Radioshack push button type.

• Coax network hubs or switches, (want to try using them as a distribution 'splitter' for the 12v DC).

• USB A-B cables, (you know, the ones we got in the early days of USB, when the hubs had the square connection on one end, instead of the typical flat USB, (could consider them USB printer cables).

• Older, non-powered USB hubs

• Heat sinks, (with fans, or not), from 486, Pentium & Pentium II era CPU's

• The smaller computer power connectors used on FDs and some other storage drives. If you have any dead computer PSs you plan on scraping, and would like to see the connectors and wiring re-purposed instead of hitting the landfill, let me know how many you have, and I'll make you an offer for them. (They work great for monitoring/balance charging wiring if you build Li-Ion battery packs for tools or toys.)

Look forward to hearing from you.

GeoD

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
I've replaced the batteries my FIOS ONT several times. It's a common battery used in Alarm systems. I get them (for ½ the price of Verizon) from my local Electrical Supply House.

I'm running out the door so I don't have time to look over the whole post. I'll try to check it out fully later.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,368 Shoretel
189,051 CTX100 install
187,409 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024