web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Ashley Offline OP
OP Offline
We've recently switched over from PSTN to a SIP trunk service.

We're having 2 PSTN numbers ported to the SIP, had our backup line moved first in case we run into a problem (like now!)

Our supplier doesn't offer technical support for the Officeserv system so we're abit on our own. I has an engineer initially setup the system and everything seems ok but ive since realised...

We can't dial INTO our number unless we've previously dialed OUT within the last couple of minutes.

Its as if the connection between the SIP server and Officeserv gets terminated.

Ive also noticed it takes almost 10 seconds between dialing the number to it actually dialing out, we get a message saying ALERT_IN then it dials.

If these are any help, i can post other screens if needed.

[Linked Image from mayfieldfurniture.co.uk]

Eventhough DID Ringing is set to ring Port 517 (Auto Attendant) it doesnt! just rings 500

[Linked Image from mayfieldfurniture.co.uk]

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashley

Last edited by Ashley; 07/04/23 08:27 AM.

OfficeServ 7100 v5.03 | MP10a - 4DLM 4DLM 4TRM | Uni - 4DLM 4SLM 2BRM
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Hi Ashley,

The issue isn't in the phone system but rather your firewall/router which must be closing the pinhole created when outbound SIP traffic passes through. There are a number of potential fixes:

1. Turn off SIP ALG in the firewall
2. Shorten the registration timer for the SIP trunk in your phone system to something like 60 seconds
3. Create an inbound rule in your firewall that forwards traffic on port 5060 to your phone system. IMPORTANT - restrict this rule to only allow IP addresses of your provider through!

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Everything Toner said, and also, create firewall rules for the RTP side of things as well. These ports start at 30000. 40000 and 45000 for different things and follow a range depending on how your system is configured. Look at settings in 2.2.2 and 2.2.15 for an idea of what ports need to be opened.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
In 5.2.17 it is also worth setting the alive check to options, putting the word sip in the User Information column and dropping the check timer to something like 60 seconds and then rebooting

Ashley Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Toner, JBean3329, SamsungCat - the phones are now ringing! IN and OUT

I ended buying a newer router too (the model our supplier was recommending), together with your tweeks it's working.

I set the incoming firewall like this....
My gut feeling is the second line ins't needed but was reluctant to remove in case it brakes something haha

[Linked Image]

OfficeServ 7100 v5.03 | MP10a - 4DLM 4DLM 4TRM | Uni - 4DLM 4SLM 2BRM
Admin
Admin
Great to hear, thanks for letting us know! You're correct - the 2nd rule isn't needed, especially because it describes outgoing traffic but the "Traffic Type" is INCOMING

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,397 Shoretel
189,124 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (nortelvoip, justbill), 160 guests, and 450 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024