Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
just wanted to know,
Is the connector a 4 pin or 8 pin at the switch (partner plus) for the station and
C.O.s? I think the stations are 2 pair and
the C.O.s are 2 per connector. Is this also correct?

Thanks,
Fender

You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
I don't know what happened to the post's but anyway, you would use 2pr mod ends, I think that is what you are asking.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
I'm a bit confused, your site shows that you sell the ACS equipment but you ask how to hook them up? Just wondering.

OP Offline
our avaya teck is out on vacation till the end of next week and i have to make a cable for an install he has comming up. i just wanted to mak sure that the connectors i am going to use are physically going to fit. i dont want to put a 4 pin connector in a 8 pin
jack.

1- Pair for the co lines / 1 co per connector

2- pair for the stations / you can use the 4 pair plug on the partner plus ,but you only need the 2 pair in the middle
the 4 pin plug fits fine in the jack.

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited September 20, 2005).]

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Most all techs use 2pr connectors as Ken said they fit in just fine and you won't have any problems. If you want to use 4pr be my guest, either way will work.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited September 20, 2005).]

OP Offline
thanks for the info fellas

Even when working for Lucent, we ALWAYS used RJ45/4-pr mod-ends. To say that "most techs use the 2-pair connectors" isn't quite true.

Just my $.02

_ _ ___________________ _ _
http://www.bnsystems.com
John.......thats cause you worked for Lucent and it was their job to have you use their products.......

I have for many years used 14c's in a 45c opening with no problems......

Oh, I'm not saying that the 2pr connector doesn't work. Quite the contrary...my company uses this method all of the time. However, to say that Lucent wanted us to use the 4pr because they wanted us to use the product is 100% incorrect. When using the smaller mod-end, have you ever had on that "walked" (didn't quite seat squarely...whether it was due to a bad mod-end or a defect in the jack...or by being plugged in crooked)? ATT/Lucent/Avaya R&D decided it would eliminate this minor issue (which turns into a MAJOR issue if the customer's station doesn't come to life) by using 4pr ends in the 4pr outlets.

Again...my $.02

No hard feelings.

jm

_ _ ___________________ _ _
http://www.bnsystems.com
ATT/Lucent/Avaya R&D decided it would eliminate this minor issue (which turns into a MAJOR issue if the customer's station doesn't come to life) by using 4pr ends in the 4pr outlets.

The ONLY reason AT&T/Lucent/Avaya uses 4 pin 8 position (they are NOT RJ-45!!) on the Partner station ports is (was) so that the Partner would provide a direct upgrade path for the old Merlin system which used 8 pos/8 pin 568B wiring. No retermination or rewiring was required, just plug and play.

The CO ports probably carried over because it was cheaper to use the same PC jacks.

I have never seen a Partner original installation, even those installed back then by AT&T or Lucent, that used 8 position/8 pin plugs.

All we use and all I have ever seen is 6 position/4 pin and don't know what you are talking about with plugs that didn't fit properly. Perhaps you need to look at your plug manufacturer.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,307
Posts638,899
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,013 Shoretel
190,198 CTX100 install
188,379 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (dexman), 102 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024