web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
The Partner 7 manual says Distinctive Ring is only for tip/ring phones. I activated it anyway just see if system phones get distinctive rings, but they don't.

Is there any way to make a system phone (18d) ring differently for intercom calls than it does for outside calls?

Bart

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
If you want to change the ring sound for the lines use program 209. 308 is for distinctive ring on standard devices. But I gotta tell ya the ring selection only has 2 that are nice (1,8) the rest of them are kinda strange.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Also, you will notice there is a beep at the end of a intercom or transfer call.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
You're right Russ, they are strange. I recently got a new cell phone and almost all of them are strange as well. What ever happened to simple rings?

Thank you for the help!

Bart

Is there any way to make a system phone (18d) ring differently for intercom calls than it does for outside calls?

Last I looked it always has. Now, if you want it to play Yankee Doodle you are out of luck.

Distinctive ring- #308 (2-not active) will ring single line devices the same regardless of where the call came from. This can be useful when connecting an answering machine to the extension or when the ringer in the single line phone you have just sounds lousy with the default intercom or transferred call pattern.

#209- Unique Line Ringing will alter the pattern of outside line ringing only.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,613 Shoretel
189,501 CTX100 install
187,758 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gary S.), 169 guests, and 345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024