web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#85322 06/21/07 05:40 AM
OP Offline
None of buttons are working, no lights are on, and no dial tone when they are pressed.
However, I can receive incoming call on this phone.
When I press the CONF button, a number "4" would appear on the screen. When I press number "6", I can see number "64" appear on the screen and can hear continuous high pitch signal. Similary, when number "5" is pressed, I can see number "54" appears on the screen and also the high pitch sound.
When can go wrong? It was working perfectly yesterday and I did program the system using this phone. ( module 206E was replaced and system works fine afterwards)
NEED HELP PLEASE

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Try this:

Plug the phone directly into the port on the telephone system.

If the phone works, check all wiring for the extension.

If the phone still does not function properly, connect a known working phone to the same port. If the problem is still there, then the port is bad.

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
Hi dexman
I plug in a MLS-12 phone to the same outlet and it works.
However, on the MLS-12D, I can see display of the date, day of week and time. When I unplug and replug same, I see number 4 appeared on the first line, then time on the second line, and after a few seconds, the date appeared on the first line and number 4 disappeared.
Anything I can do to the MLS-12D?

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
How many modules are included in this system? Does the system consist of a five-slot carrier or is is just a two-slot "clamshell" connector? If you have a five-slot carrier, what are the module versions (R1, R3.1, etc.)?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
Replace the phone. It most likely has a bad Membrane in it. It has lived a long useful life.

Anything I can do to the MLS-12D?

Give it a decent burial. frown

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
4th of July is right around the corner..oops, wrong country! Besides,whatever else 12D's are, their housings are sturdy, cherry bomb probably wouldn't have much affect. smile John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,684 Shoretel
189,696 CTX100 install
187,883 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 84 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024