Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#89006 03/04/08 07:45 AM
Tom N Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello I have a customer that is having an issue on one extetion in there office. They have an IP Office system using office mgr 5.0 and voice mail pro ver 2.1 anyway When you are on this one extention and hang the handset up the station will ring. no one will be on the line it will just ring back everytime you hang up the phone. I have had sucess unplugging the ext for a few min and then plugging it back in but that is no longer working. They had a few more issues last week and I ended up having to reboot the system. But she is still complaining that this one extention is ringing. am I missing something here?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Does the ext have VM?
It may be set to do this in the programing (Phone Manager) to alert the user they have new mail.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Tom N Offline OP
OP Offline
Michael, Thx for the quick reply. But no this users does not have a voice mailbox set up in the system. they also haev no short codes programed or anything else that I could see that could cause this. about 2 month ago they did loose a 30 port Digital module. that I had to replace the entire module just died. But this has been going on back before that happend. I think there might be soething going out in the system but at this point its pretty hard to diagnose. office mgr just told me they had some crazy stuff going on with some phones yesterday during bad weather but they cleared after they unplugged phones and plugged them back in.

is this an analog telephone?

HE SEEMS TO BE SAYING SOME KIND OF WORDS
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
You have told us the release of the GUI's for managing the system. What is the release of software on the system itself? Is the digital 30 on the same software release as the control unit?

I would run Monitor and see who calls that extension when you hang up....

IPofficeinfo.com would be the best place to look at the recent year, and QTR releases of matching software for the IPO. Just to make sure that all of the components have been upgraded to the matching(supported) releases so they will properly integrate with each other could you list the release of all of your components.

IPO Admin software "Manager"

IPO firmware for each module

VMPRO

User software "Phone Manager", "Soft Console",
CCC, and any other applications you are using.

Just as a note, the release of the IPO firmware can not be determined by hitting the help about on the IPO Manager GUI, you must check the firmware release on each module not the Admin GUI "Manager" application.

From what you have said it appears you have mismatched software which can cause numerous issues.

Check out voicemail ringback feature, automatic callback, ringback when free, in help, as well. I would also check to make sure the ground is secure, and try powering ths system down for 15 minutes.

I have had one similiar issue with a system which I did not install, but it had been improperly upgraded by the customer, after downgrading, and re-upgrading it worked fine. I would not assume this is the issue at this point though.

PM, or EM me of you would like some remote help, I would like to review your CFG, and MDB files in that case.

I can not recommend any technology platform, only technicians!
This should go to the installers forum.

I can not recommend any technology platform, only technicians!
Tom N Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the feedback guy's. The phone is a digital station. I have checked all the software and upgraded when I replaced the 30 port Digital module. I know that I need to find the time to get in there and upgrade the MGR software to a more recent version. This is a system the was dumped in my lap about a year ago and has had issues form day one from what I have been told. "Aarnot" I will look at your sugestions and see if I am missing something. Just strange that if you unplugg the phone for a while and then plug it in it won't do it for a day or so. I do need to check the ground on the system as it seems to take a real beating when the weather acts up around here. Thanks again for the input I will let you know what I find out.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,809
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,377 Shoretel
189,073 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, Keyset6, justbill), 147 guests, and 404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024