atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Toolie DSX 80 Voice Over Problem - 05/15/08 02:55 PM
I have a DSX 80 that has suddenly lost the ability to do the voice over function. I checked the programming, and the off-hook signaling for intercom and hotline are set to voiceover on all extensions.

Everything else on the system seems to be working okay. Just wondering if anyone can advise me on anything else to check, or if anybody has seen this problem before.

Of course, it's one of the client's favorite features.................
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX 80 Voice Over Problem - 05/15/08 04:47 PM
Remember that voice over only works when using the handset. You cannot use it if they are on speakerphone. This applies to both the person wanting to use the feature and the busy extension.
Posted By: Toolie Re: DSX 80 Voice Over Problem - 05/15/08 05:39 PM
Thaks Jordan, but this problem occurs on handset use. It was working perfectly, then "poof".......
Posted By: 94astro Re: DSX 80 Voice Over Problem - 05/15/08 06:03 PM
I had that happen once where it was working then one day it stopped, but it was only on one extension. I changed ports and the problem went away.
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX 80 Voice Over Problem - 05/15/08 06:12 PM
Does it work on some phones and not on others? What does Tech Support have to say on the matter?
Posted By: Toolie Re: DSX 80 Voice Over Problem - 05/16/08 06:03 AM
Thanks guys.

I have tested this to more than one phone, although the phone trying to do the voiceover has always been the same (receptionist) phone.

I was thinking of trying to reset the system, but I really don't like to do that during the business day.

I have tried changing the settings for OHS, then changing them back, but that didn't help.

Any other ideas would be appreciated, otherwise I guess I will just try the reset and reload........
Posted By: DSXGuy Re: DSX 80 Voice Over Problem - 05/18/08 06:49 AM
Toolie,

What version of DSX system software is loaded on your DSX-80 ?
Posted By: eriway Re: DSX 80 Voice Over Problem - 05/19/08 07:50 AM
Recheck programming for all stations at 2116-01 (ICM off-hook signaling) and 2116-02 (Hotline Off-hook signaling). Ensure each station is set for 2 = Voice Over.

Also check 1401-03 in each Class of Service (Privacy )... ensure setting is (N = No).
Posted By: Toolie Re: DSX 80 Voice Over Problem - 05/20/08 06:28 AM
All the settings on all phones are correct. Not sure of exact software version without going back over there, but I think it's the most recent of the one dot versions. Not the current release by any means.

I may try an upgrade of the system software and reload of the customer programming to see if that fixes it.
Posted By: eriway Re: DSX 80 Voice Over Problem - 05/21/08 07:56 AM
Are you certain the customer is using the feature properly? Voice over works when the called station is on an outside or internal call.... another employee presses hotline key for busy station, then "VOvr" appears on display. Press softkey to initiate voice over ... or dial 9.
Posted By: Toolie Re: DSX 80 Voice Over Problem - 05/21/08 03:03 PM
Yes, I tried it myself last time I was there. The VOvr appears in the display, but when you press it, you get a voice prompt that says the extension is busy.

I am leaning toward reloading the whole cotton-picking thing, but I wish I didn't have to...................

Thanks for the help!!!
Posted By: eriway Re: DSX 80 Voice Over Problem - 05/22/08 08:13 AM
Check 2115-01 (Hunt type) per station. Try using setting 2 (for Busy/No Answer - Line...... instead of 3 Busy/No Answer - All). I know this affects Barge-In and Monitor features.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help