Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#237521 05/15/08 10:55 AM
Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a DSX 80 that has suddenly lost the ability to do the voice over function. I checked the programming, and the off-hook signaling for intercom and hotline are set to voiceover on all extensions.

Everything else on the system seems to be working okay. Just wondering if anyone can advise me on anything else to check, or if anybody has seen this problem before.

Of course, it's one of the client's favorite features.................

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Remember that voice over only works when using the handset. You cannot use it if they are on speakerphone. This applies to both the person wanting to use the feature and the busy extension.

Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
Thaks Jordan, but this problem occurs on handset use. It was working perfectly, then "poof".......

I had that happen once where it was working then one day it stopped, but it was only on one extension. I changed ports and the problem went away.

Aaron
Does it work on some phones and not on others? What does Tech Support have to say on the matter?

Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys.

I have tested this to more than one phone, although the phone trying to do the voiceover has always been the same (receptionist) phone.

I was thinking of trying to reset the system, but I really don't like to do that during the business day.

I have tried changing the settings for OHS, then changing them back, but that didn't help.

Any other ideas would be appreciated, otherwise I guess I will just try the reset and reload........

Toolie,

What version of DSX system software is loaded on your DSX-80 ?

Recheck programming for all stations at 2116-01 (ICM off-hook signaling) and 2116-02 (Hotline Off-hook signaling). Ensure each station is set for 2 = Voice Over.

Also check 1401-03 in each Class of Service (Privacy )... ensure setting is (N = No).

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
Toolie Offline OP
OP Offline
All the settings on all phones are correct. Not sure of exact software version without going back over there, but I think it's the most recent of the one dot versions. Not the current release by any means.

I may try an upgrade of the system software and reload of the customer programming to see if that fixes it.

Are you certain the customer is using the feature properly? Voice over works when the called station is on an outside or internal call.... another employee presses hotline key for busy station, then "VOvr" appears on display. Press softkey to initiate voice over ... or dial 9.

"I didn't do it, and I won't do it again"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,581 Shoretel
189,463 CTX100 install
187,617 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024