atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ATechguy OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/11/09 05:22 PM
Hi! Any idea why the office serv 100 manager download fails to setup on my laptop xp pro sp2?? :shrug: Is possible i have to remove the older PCMMC Program 1ST.?? Thanks
Posted By: WRichey Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/11/09 07:45 PM
I have not had this problem as of yet but it is possible you need to remove the old versions before moving forward.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/12/09 02:05 PM
I have removed older PCMMC sortware, still won't setup Lauchpad error Shows :SetupDll\SetupDll.cpp(2198) Papp: office Serv Manager Launch Pvendor:Samsung Electronics PGuid:$9.10.429@windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600)BT_Other 0.22 Error 5002 THIS ERROR HAPPENS ON MY DESKTOP AND MY lAPTOP.?? :bang:
Posted By: tdw42 Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/12/09 03:05 PM
I think that is an InstallShield error. Could be your antivirus software interfering with the installation, or a previous incomplete installation/uninstallation.

Try the install with antivirus disabled, obviously disable for the minimum length of time needed to try the install and don't use other programs with it disabled.

Alternatively, if you are happy poking around in the workings of Windows, look in the "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information" folder. There are likely to be a bunch of folder names which are GUIDs in the form {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx} - have a look through all of these for setup.ini files and check the contents for a mention of Samsung Officserv. For any which do rename the folder, just add an extra character to the folder name so it can easily be restored, and try the install again.

Note that deleting or editing these folders or their contents will make it impossible to remove or repair the program which created the folder so make sure any changes you make can be reversed.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/12/09 04:52 PM
Thanks tdw42, i can't seem to find that folder ,i may not be in the right area??
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/13/09 11:34 AM
Can you post a screen shot of the error?
Posted By: ATechguy Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/13/09 11:58 AM
HI! Cit , my post above has the info that shows up with red x , i think it is INSTALLSHIELD WIZARD Problem , i am going to load it again on a 3rd desk top i have to see if it is something that got deleted when i was doing a system harddrive cleaning with spybot etc. Will update post, if anyone has other ideas feel free. Thankss
Posted By: tdw42 Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/13/09 12:01 PM
It's a hidden folder, you can either paste the path into the Address bar of Windows Explorer, or under menu Tools, Folder Options select 'Show hidden files and folders' on the View tab.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/13/09 02:00 PM
HI! TDW42, thanks i found i the right folder but there is no PGUID : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX # for samsung there?? I also loaded the OfficeServ Manager on 3rd computer still the same problem ?? What da LLEH! Is going on?? I will give this a rest fo now!! Thanks everyone i know i will figure it out eventually but i may retired by then.
Posted By: tdw42 Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/13/09 02:53 PM
OK, in that case there aren't any partially installed/uninstalled versions of OfficeServ Manager hanging around. Have you tried doing the install with any antivrius turned off ?
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/13/09 03:26 PM
It must be a conflict with your antivirus software. We have it running on everything from Win98SE to XP-pro-SP2 without any problems. We use AVG for antivirus protection without conflicts.

What is common to all 3 of your machines? Is it your virus protection?
Posted By: ATechguy Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/13/09 04:27 PM
I use avg and have turned it off and still won't install, i also don't have any antivirius software on the 3rd desk top i recently tried. i wonder if the samsung site have a corrupted software?? Thanks for help , still not sure whats wrong is it possible the setup dll is missing??
Posted By: WRichey Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/14/09 04:26 AM
You might try downloading it again. Sometimes you don't get all the packets you need when you get it from the site. I thought you were using the CD. Worst case senario you might order the cd and only download the updates.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/14/09 04:32 AM
WRichey , i have downloaded it many times now on 3 different computers all same result , when i look it the download samsung officeserv manager folder i don't see a setupdll?? Thanks i may have to get the CD.
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/15/09 12:07 PM
Just curious... have you loaded the Lauchpad first?
Posted By: ATechguy Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/15/09 02:02 PM
HI! CIT , Okay ,that may be it DOOH!! :scratch: Let me check.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/15/09 02:10 PM
HI! CIT , i thought it was part of the OS Manager software , i coudn't see were it is at the GSBN download sight ,can you tell me were it is?? Thanks :shrug:
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/15/09 04:33 PM
Send me another PM... I've got the link for the GSBN site. You can also find it by looking under Released Software. The date for the update is 4/28/2006 and you'll want launch pad version 1.03.
Posted By: Rowlettdon Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/15/09 05:24 PM
Be sure and get the correct version of LP 1.03. There were 2 of them but with different date codes 2005.09.21 is the correct LP. There is a process to installing the mess so that could be the problem also. The 2 LP files need to be unzipped to a single folder on your desktop. Then you can run the setup.exe file from that folder and install the LP. We are running OSM 3.75b. The new stuff is using the IT tool
Posted By: ATechguy Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/15/09 05:38 PM
HI! Rowlettdon , i have tried this too many times i need to give up for now ,something has to be wrong , i have tried 3 computers, what is mentioned in post 3 is what keep showing up ?? Thanks for everyones help.
Posted By: ATechguy Re: OS100 Manager download Fails? - 03/15/09 05:53 PM
THANKS to all who helped , I followed ROWLETTDON, And thats what i was doing wrong i needed to Unzipp the files to and single folder on desktop and then try set up :rofl: I feel like an idiot .Thanks again.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help